Founded in 1969, with its business covering over 220 countries and territories around the world, DHL features itself as one of the world’s leading postal and logistics companies offering solutions for logistics needs such as express services, parcel & E-commerce services and logistics services. With the combination of its sale and experience in a wide range of industry sectors, DHL develops a supply chain customized from leading brands to small business. As a part of Deutsche Post DHL Group, DHL gives full credit to its creative and hard-working employees who are the spiritual pillar that builds the company. With the vision to be The Logistics Company for the World, DHL is eager for more talents to join in and do his or her part in the big family to connect people and improve their lives.
How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at DHL:
Minimum age to work at DHL is 18 years old.
Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Hours of operation may vary by location.
DHL Number of Stores:
5,500 in the United States
DHL Number of Employees:
Job Types that DHL Offers:
Full-time, Part-time, Internship, Temporary, Hourly, Seasonal, Casual
Printable DHL Application Form:
Free Printable DHL Application Form
DHL Job Openings
In terms of the business coverage around the world, job opportunities in DHL are classified into following division: Corporate Center, Deutsche Post DHL Group, DHL Customer Solutions & Innovation, DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding, Freight, DHL Supply Chain, Global Business Services and Post, E-commerce and Parcel. With the company culture of openness, mutual trust and respect, you can surely find one ideal job to fulfill yourself with a future-oriented career which is free from discrimination and stereotyping. So if you are willing to meet challenges in delivering superior logistics service to customers, pick one of your favorite job titles from the following list and apply for it!
Courier, Package Handler, Warehouse Worker, Sorter, Forklift Operator, Customer Service, Representative, Transportation Planner, Operations Intern, Truck Driver, Delivery Driver, Trainer, Assembler, Module Operator, Supply Chain Coordinator, Business Process Analyst, Financial Analyst, Project Manager, Warehouse Resource Controller, Sales Analyst, Field Sales Executive, Operations Supervisor, Field Supervisor, Date Entry Clerk, Scanner
Customer Service Representative:
DHL Employee Benefits
Job is not only a tool for making a living but also a way for reaping what you sow in terms of career plan, which is deeply rooted in every DHL's management team member's heart. So they make career benefits plan carefully so as to reward its hard-working employees. The competitive benefits package goes like the list below:
- 5 days holiday: Employees could get 2 weeks off plus 5 floating holiday days per year to relax themselves and spend time with their family members and friends. Sick days can be carried over year to year, which however will be max out at 22 days, so employees must use them before maxing out.
- Free hot dogs on Fridays for some certain jobs.
- Comprehensive career training, development and secondments opportunities: Once you step into the company, you'll get training through on-site training programs which reveals the full picture of a day's work in DHL. Moreover, those who are looking forward to extensive selection of professional and personal development opportunities will definitely find their positions here. During your work, you could get detailed as well as deft office experience, mainly in Outlook, Word and Excel and other practical working skills via on-the-job training. Driver-training courses and other traffic-safety programs under DHL’s Road Safety Code are also available.
- Pension scheme: DHL assists its employees in making their savings plan to help them save money for later life. Compared with other types of savings, DHL pension scheme has its favorable tax treatment. The scheme works out in the way that you save a little everyday from your income so that you can still have money in your later life when you want to retire from work.
- Medical cover: Health care is good at a decent cost so that you don't need to worry about high health expense.
- Childcare vouchers: It works through a salary sacrifice scheme which means employees shall agree to reduce their salary by a certain value for receiving Childcare Vouchers to the same value without paying tax or National Insurance on these vouchers. DHL helps those parents employees with childcare costs by using childcare vouchers in a rational and profitable way.
- Detail discounts: As an employee in DHL, you are surely open to many discount packages such as packaging service or delivering service compared with common customers.
- Flexible working hours: You are allowed to ask for days off if you aren't in good condition or mood. Just make sure to inform your manager in advance so that he or she could find some to cover your shift.
- 401k Plan: 401k is nice with 100% match up to 4% of your current salary plus 2% of the current tax if you're employed in December and that is the only retirement plan. Employees with the 10 years of working life in the company will have access to a "grandfather" pension plans in addition to 401k.
Advantages of Working at DHL
- Big name company
- Diversified job opportunities
- Great benefits, bonus, 401k
- Fast pace environment
- The environment is positive and motivated
How to Save More at DHL
DHL regularly provides a variety of offers. Want to spend less to buy your favorite products? Look up the latest DHL Coupons on Couponbirds.
How to Apply at DHL
- Apply online. Go to the DHL online career page at dhl.com/careers or careers.dhl.com. Choose one from the three categories of Jobs at DHL in accordance with your own situation, Students & Graduates and Experienced Hires. If you choose jobs at DHL, you can filter as many jobs as you want and pick one to apply for. Students & Graduates part is especially set for internship program. If you are undertaking Bachelor or Master Studies or taking a gap year, you can join in DHL's internship program to put what you've learned in school into practice and learn how to lead and motivate as a member of a big team. If you pick up the Experienced Hires sector, you may select from operation, corporate and marketing, sales & support segment and click one position to start your DHL career trip. After choosing your career area and position, you need to login or create a DHL account for further application. Then provide the required information and resume to submit your application.
- Apply offline. You can download the printable DHL job application form from our website, fill it out and attach a resume with it when you apply for a job at a DHL Kiosk. DHL Store Locator is a good choice to find a nearby DHL location.
DHL Application Online
DHL Interview Tips
If you are invited to attend an DHL interview, you have taken a big step closer to the job you'd like to do there, which means DHL appreciates your application and would like to know more about you. Just bearing the followings tips in mind may help you overcome the hurdle on the new career path.
- Before the interview: The first thing you should keep in mind is to be punctual and well-prepared. DHL prefers employees with a sense of being punctuality and those who make good preparations before doing something. As an applicant, you can start from browsing the official page of DHL and get yourself familiar with the content listed under every sector of the navigation parts, especially the career section.
- During the interview: A DHL interview usually goes about 30 to 60 minutes, during which an employee from the departments you are applying for will interview you along with a person coming from the HR department. In the beginning, the interviewer will ask you some questions according to your resume. You are encouraged to describe the important stages in your professional career in detail. Afterward, the interviewers will post some questions concerned with your professional experience such as "What are your strengths? What makes you qualified for the job? What you can contribute to the company's success?". In the interview, the interviewers will make a balance between your skill and your current situation to evaluate what's the exact position that fits you well, so if you have deep love for some specific jobs, just show your passion, confidence and qualifications for the job. Apart from the main part, a good use of body language combined with fluent speaking and sincerity will score you points in getting the job.
- After the interview: You are suggested to express your sincere gratitude to your interviewers who spend time exploring your talents and ability. Remember to leave with door closed for the next interviewee.
DHL Interview Questions
- How do you rate your SQL skills?
- What do you consider to be your biggest weakness?
- What do you know about our company?
- Can you lift 50+ pounds on a consistent basis?
- What steps did you take to get to this position in the interview and why have you chosen DHL?
- Can you describe a time when you had to turn a no into a yes?
Write a Comment