Performs a wide variety of document recording work involving record keeping and researching tasks while working under general supervision. The primary task for this position is data entry and research. Applicants must be able to multitask while providing excellent customer service. Applicants must be able to accurately type information and operate basic computer programs.
The employee must exercise judgment in the application of prescribed procedures and methods to routine matters. The employee must have a good understanding of the function of the office and be able to accomplish the clerical work of the office independently. The employee must have an understanding of research practices and be able to work independently
- Performs document recording and record searches for the general public, title companies, banking and mortgage institutions, the Ada County Assessor, and various State and County agencies;
- Works closely with all county departments in coordinating record searches and provides information necessary to update and maintain files;
- Records, indexes and files documents;
- Uses a variety of computer programs (mapping software, recording software, Microsoft office programs) to perform job duties. Employee will be required to use microfiche viewer to perform job duties.
- Responds to public record inquiries either in person or electronically
- Reviews simple accounts, reports and other documents for completeness, accuracy and conformity with established procedures;
- Performs daily balancing of monetary transactions and electronic transfers.
- Issues and receives applications for county licensing and permits including alcohol, marriage, peddler and solicitor, vehicular escorts, catering permits, and firework display permits.
- Ability to understand and interpret document intent for indexing and coding purposes.
- Provides general information in response to public or official queries;
- Performs related functions as required.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent;
- One year of related clerical office experience;
- Good knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation;
- Good knowledge of business math;
- Good knowledge of general office equipment and filing systems;
- Skill in operating a personal computer and Microsoft Office programs;
- Ability to plan, gather, and organize records and related data;
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form;
- Ability to type from clear copy or rough draft at an average rate of speed of 50 WPM with a high degree of accuracy;
- Ability to work under pressure, to include multitasking between various software and phone systems
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment and the employee in this class is subject to inside environmental conditions;
- May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.;
- Requires sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, which permits the employee to function in a general office environment to accomplish tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of individuals in the job. This job description is not an employment agreement and/or an expressed or implied employment contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.