Opportunity to work with a top hospital in the Hartford Area. Looking for an Executive Assistant to support the President.
- High level EA, 5+ years supporting C-suite leader
- Health care experience preferred
- Quick thinker, can make decisions without lots of direction
- Lots of calendaring, scheduling, managing schedule – helping to keep him on time
- Creating packets, communication with Board members, taking minutes, time management at meeting
- Heavy PowerPoint user
Essential and Primary Responsibilities:
- Proactively manage an extremely active calendar of appointments, ensuring the President’s schedule is followed and respected; planning and scheduling meetings, including video and teleconference calls.
- Coordinating all meeting logistics such as conference room reservations, catering orders, preparing agendas, meeting materials, and assisting with the creation of presentation materials.
- Assists during meetings by setting up audio/visual, taking minutes, and documenting action items that require follow-up.
- Communicating directly, and on behalf of the President; Managing and preparing all correspondence and reports.
- Serves as the administrative liaison to the Board of Directors and manages Board activities, which include coordinating Board meetings, retreats and new Board member orientations; creating, compiling, assembling, and distributing Board meeting materials.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the President's office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with executive and senior management staff, physicians, clinical staff and employees.
- Works closely and effectively with the President to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Act as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the President updated.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Create and modify documents in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Conserves executive's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications and anticipating needs.
- Oversees and/or arranges special projects and events such as retreats, luncheons/dinners, conferences, and presentations.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Performs appropriate procurement processing activities, expense management, and invoice processing.
- Coordinates travel arrangements and prepare itineraries.
- Completes various projects and ad hoc duties and requests as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including executives, senior leaders, physicians, clinicians, board members and external partners
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Positive, proactive attitude; Punctual and dependable; Meticulously thorough and accurate
- Able to multitask and adapt to quickly changing priorities
- Advanced level expertise of Microsoft Office suite
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- C-Suite: 3 years (Preferred)
- executive support: 3 years (Preferred)
- Executive Assistant: 3 years (Preferred)