National Property Management Company is seeking an experienced Property Manager for a senior affordable housing property. The Property Manager has the direct responsibility for the entire operations of the facility.
- Resident interviews, certification, and selection.
- Leasing apartments and maintaining full occupancy.
- Collecting rents, including the issuance of legal late rent notices and their follow-up in case of non-payment of rent.
- Directing the maintenance schedules.
- The acceptance of work or service requests for repairs and maintenance of apartments, common areas, structures, and grounds with a response time of no more than 24 hours.
- Frequent inspection of grounds, parking lots, common areas and apartments for proper maintenance and cleanliness without the use of an elevator.
- With owner and management approval, the negotiation and supervision of all necessary maintenance contracts.
- The purchase, after competitive pricing, of all materials and supplies necessary for the project on a purchase order basis, not to exceed $250.
- The maintenance and security of a small inventory of supplies necessary for regular operations.
- Depositing and accounting of all receipts using AMC designated computer program.
- Vouchering accounts payable to the regional office for approval and payment. (Basic bookkeeping skills required).
- Input and development of yearly operating budget.
- Prompt monthly preparation and a submittal of all reports and data required by the Regional office and the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Annual recertification of residents' income and rent.
- Assist in the creation of a resident association by providing information only.
- Encouraging and developing social programs for the residents.
- Resident relations and counseling.
- Monitoring an emergency call system on a 24 hour basis. (back up will be established)
- Developing a security system for the building, including emergency procedures and evacuation plan. Also, includes 24 hour pager system to be carried by Manager.
- Implement and comply with the Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan.
- Maintain harmonious relations with tenants, employees and supervisor.
- Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor.
Minimum of high school diploma; Associate's or Bachelor's Degree preferred. Previous Property Management; Housing or Social Services experience. Strong computer skills.
Type of Position:
- Full Time - Exempt
- 40 hrs/week
- Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off & Vacation Time
- Competitive Insurance (Medical,Dental,Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability & Group Life Insurance)
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan
AHEPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer