To learn more about us, please visit www.onelodging.com.
The Night Auditor will ensure that the highest standards for accuracy are maintained throughout the Front Office with respect to the posting nightly guest room and incidentals charges and balancing of accounts. The Night Auditor is responsible for closing out financial transactions for the day, and for re-setting accounts for the subsequent day.
As the lead staff member on the overnight shift, the Night Auditor will support the breakfast team by assisting with early morning set-up, and will attend to guest needs throughout the evening such as performing check-ins and check-outs, taking guest room reservations, answering calls that come through the switchboard and responding to a variety of guest requests.
This position requires basic knowledge of accounting operations, as well as exceptional mathematic and computing skills, plus exceptional multi-tasking ability and leadership capabilities for taking charge and problem-solving in the absence of a manager on duty. Attendance and punctuality is extremely important to the overall success of our daily operations and is considered an essential function of this job.
- Follow all established procedures to audit shift closings for all Front Office staff, including personally closing the overnight shift and completing corresponding audit summaries.
- Produce and distribute accurate and timely financial reports with supporting documents.
- Follow all established procedures to maintain and post daily balance of all house accounts, including running preliminary reconciliations, detailed transactions and final reports.
- Identify and correct any discrepancies to achieve a perfect balance on all accounts.
- Transmit credit card batches.
- Perform nightly backup of server.
- Prepare express checkout folios and deliver to guest rooms.
- Enter wake-up calls, as requested.
- Straighten, maintain and clean the lobby, bathrooms and other public spaces as needed.
- Perform all Guest Service Agent functions as required, to include booking room reservations, assisting late-night arrivals and early departures with check-in and check-out, answering phone calls, notifying guests of messages and delivering requested items and supplies to guest rooms.
- Respond to guest issues and complaints and alert appropriate management staff, as needed.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; Remain aware and alert of any suspicious persons or activity throughout shift.
- Report and follow up on any maintenance issues or safety hazards.
- Support breakfast team by assisting with opening duties, as necessary.
- Communicate all pertinent shift information to General Manager and other staff.
- 1-2 years of previous hotel Front Office experience, with previous cash-handling experience and a knowledge of accounting principles.
- Must possess exceptional mathematic skills, with ability to solve simple to complex equations using addition, subtraction, multiplication and/or division.
- Proficiency with Hilton property management system (PMS) is distinct plus.
- Must have the ability to successfully work independently with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional service orientation, with keen ability to focus and deliver on guest needs.
- Reliable and responsible character, with exceptional follow up and attention to detail.
- Exceptional ability to communicate, both verbally and in written form.
- Computer literacy, with ability to easily navigate database, browser, email, document and spreadsheet applications and related programs.
- Ability to adhere to expectations and standards for friendliness, speed, quality and efficiency.
- Willingness and ability to support fellow team members in reaching departmental goals.
- Ability to work effectively as an independent contributor, and as a part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage numerous priorities within a fast-paced and frequently-changing environment.
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Must be able to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Must be able to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.