Founded in 2008, Airbnb's mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb's accommodation marketplace provides access to 5+ million unique places to stay in more than 81,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 15,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb's people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
In order to build the world's most loved travel company, we need the world's most interesting and talented people. Are you one of them? If so, we want to talk to you!
We are looking for an experienced, proven, and passionate leader who's ready to manage and develop a large, multi-location, high complexity outsourced partner network across both relationship and performance outcomes. This role will have material impact on our business outcomes from both an operation and financial pov .The Regional Partner Manager will use deep domain expertise across a range of BPO operations and leadership skills to own and enrich the relationships between Airbnb and a strategic partner in a globally critical region while driving successful outcomes. They will drive a compelling vision based on their deep functional expertise in Customer and Partner Operations while working collaboratively across senior functional leadership across both CS and Trust.
- Owner of Key geographic region encompassing multiple partners/sites/Lines of business which manage majority of all CS contacts within region.
- Single owner for the Performance outcomes of the three largest volume tiers ( Community Education, Resolutions 1 & 2 ) as well sub LOBs such as Experiences, Plus within their region.
- Sets the Partner management strategy for their region and builds optimal partner service delivery model that reaches across multiple regions depending on partner, for all Airbnb services.
- Drives alignment and collaboration with wider functional stakeholder groups across Finance, CS Functional groups and Trust.
- Owner of CS procurement process for their region comprising complex RFI/RFP processes, contracts and commercial negotiation for multi year/ multi million spend comprising a significant portion of overall CS Budget
- Inputs at global level across CS and Partner Strategy given deep domain expertise.
- Builds for the long term through multi year planning as well as ensuring CS team leverages partner knowledge of industry trends
- Manages a senior team of ROMs and PRMs who interface across all critical business touch points
- Supports Trust Partner Management model as well as other non CS functions that are looking to Outsource aspects of their service.
- Considered Domain expert in all aspects of Outsourcing
- Lead and/or participate in Operations-specific and/or company wide projects that may be assigned by leadership
Behaviors & Competencies
- Managing Vision & Purpose: You can articulate a compelling, inclusive vision for the future that anticipates trends and possibilities. You're a determined optimist whose optimism is contagious. You get others excited about your outlook and invested in its success. You recruit enthusiastic support. You acknowledge the importance and impact of your team's work, and you can clearly communicate the ways it contributes to Airbnb's mission. You recognize what drives your audience and can steer them toward a common goal.
- Talking Initiative: You understand the importance of working hard, and you're willing to invest your energy into new challenges. If you see an opportunity to contribute or make things better, you take it—you don't wait around to be asked. You're comfortable acting with minimal planning, direction, and supervision. You can identify issues both within and outside of your immediate scope, and propose solutions.
- Business Acumen: You see the "big picture" of our organization. You understand how the key drivers of our business relate to each other, and how your actions and decisions impact Airbnb's key objectives. You're aware of the current trends in our industry, and can propose improvements to keep up with changing market demands. You're forward-thinking. You understand the cost drivers that underlie our teams and the teams we interact with. You understand your department's KPIs and know how to quickly find information on current performance.
- Balancing Perspectives: You look at the "big picture," not just the situation directly in front of you. You're open to being wrong, can assess situations objectively, and can evaluate multiple points of view. You're able to see how every part of the business is affected by a situation, and you devise plans and strategies accordingly. You think globally, and take the broadest possible view of issues and challenges. You assume positive intent. You effectively consider all of the factors at play and envision many possible outcomes.
- 10-12+ years of progressively responsible leadership experience in customer service operations (BPO preferred, 10+ years captive accepted).
- A proven track record of managing performance across a matrixed organization that covers a wide range of geographies, languages, time zones, etc
- Expert level and creative performance results storyteller with strong analytical skills and the ability to clarify and prioritize using data.
- Experience driving B2B relationships and leading outside teams to exceed goals
- Deep understanding of Customer Service Operations and all functional areas that interface at partners with ability to shape/input functional strategies
- Ability to work under conditions of ambiguity in a fast-growth, sometimes uncertain and complex environment - comfortable acting with minimal planning, direction, and supervision. You can identify issues both within and outside of your immediate scope, and propose solutions.
- Role model core values to colleagues and direct reports in how you do your job each day.
- Proven Track record of people development, employee engagement and people manager skills.