Aldo is looking to train a Store Manager for the King of Prussia location. Applicants must have previous store manager experience and a history of driving sales results.
Manage all activities necessary to the efficient operation of the store and provide prompt and courteous service to customers in order to maximize sales and customer service, so as to promote the company’s image of quality and professionalism.
The manager reports directly to the District Manager and works in close collaboration with supporting departments. He/she directs the Assistant Manager, Sales Lead, Sales Associates and all other employees essential to the efficient operation of the store.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Recruit and develop professional people, provide excellent visual presentation and customer service, manage inventory, administration, ensure security compliance and control operating costs (according to budget).
- Motivate employees to achieve company goals and surpass their personal sales goals.
- Ensure that all employees comply with company policies, practices and procedures.
- Ensures that qualified professional people are recruited and communicates all pertinent information to Payroll department before actually hiring.
- Ensures store operates within its predetermined budget (i.e. salary, inventory, expenses, etc.).
- Establishes weekly sales objectives for store and personnel and ensures objectives are met.
- Ensures that all personnel practice professional salesmanship according to company policies and procedures, in order to achieve maximum sales and provide the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Adheres to and enforces loss prevention and security policies, credit policies and procedures, i.e. credit cards, check approvals, employee purchases, deposit logs, return and exchange policies.
- Ensures that all merchandise is properly ticketed and attractively displayed and appoints people responsible for each section of the store.
- Ensures stockroom is neat and well organized, Hold It merchandise is always up to date, recalls are properly executed and controls damages and mixes according to company policies.
- Communicates stock replenishment needs to District Manager, Distribution and Buying departments.
- Implements all company training programs effectively in order to train and develop personnel.
- Evaluates personnel once a year and conducts six yearly appraisals with personnel.
- Enforces and complies with all store/company policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED TO PERFORM TASKS)
- Related work experience: two years of selling experience (retail or service industry)
- Physical requirements: able to bend, climb ladders, lift and move boxes up to 35 lb (≈16 kg) * Other qualifications:
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate people in order to achieve sales objectives * Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Service oriented
- Fashion oriented
- Willing to work retail hours
The ALDO Group reserves the right to change, alter, or amend the job duties of employees at its sole discretion with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Store management: 2 years (Required)