1. Financial Services Industry: Knowledge of financial services industry's trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations and trendsetters.
2. Branch Banking Services: Knowledge of the responsibilities, issues, regulations, business practices, and operation of Community Banking branches.
3. Banking Products: Knowledge of the products and services available through the branch.
4. Financial Services Regulatory Environment: Knowledge of applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies and guidelines affecting business practices.
5. Fraud Detection and Prevention: Knowledge of processes, tools and techniques for detecting, addressing and preventing fraudulent situations.
6. Client Interaction: Knowledge of practices, tools, and techniques for communicating with a client.
7. Selling: Knowledge of and ability to use diverse tools, tactics and techniques to persuade a person to perform a desired action.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
Opens a variety of new accounts for clients including checking and savings accounts, IRA, CD, etc. Provides information and answers questions regarding interest rates, fees, and bank policies. Serves minimal time on the Teller line.
Generates growth in deposit balances through the sale, marketing, promotion and referral of products by actively soliciting referrals developed from both internal and external sources. Gains and maintains a strong understanding of how to present features and benefits of products to clients based on their varying financial needs.
Provides outstanding client service to all existing and prospective clients in person or over the phone to determine the best strategy for assisting with their financial needs. Acquires, retains, deepens and manages the relationship with clients. Establishes credibility and rapport while reviewing opportunities to benefit the client’s financial relationship in a friendly and personable manner.
Handle customer requests through email and phone including password resets, ACH and other documentation. Provides support for cash management, electronic banking, and debit card issues.