AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Business Development Manager works closely with the Vice President, Business Development & Ticket Sales and Manager of Business Development & Strategy to structure resources to influence the sales growth of LA Kings ticket sales through building relationships with business and executive the B2B process.
- Work with Manager of Business Development & Strategy to preform analysis, research and planning to assure that the objectives on monthly and yearly goals.
- Responsible for selling complex Business Full Season packages that include on-site tickets, parking, and event suites.
- Identifies and cultivates leads from self-prospecting.
- Plan and execute full season packaging pitch presentations and proposals to new and existing clients.
- Successfully addresses client concerns, questions and objections to close business to business deals.
- Responsible for keeping sales management informed on progress toward established revenue goals and of the progress in closing identified prospects. Uses department CRM system to track sales activity and client contact information.
- Work closely with Membership Service Manager to ensure successful execution of full season packages.
- Host and Entertain Prospective Clients at specific AEG events.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Job Knowledge, Skills, and Education):
1. A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) in a related field.
2. Minimum of 5 sales experience with a background in selling marketing and/or advertising at a client-direct or agency or media company level with responsibility with presentation, creative and promotion development
3. Strong natural selling skills with proven experience in pitch and strategic positioning.
4. Proven track record of negotiating with the ability to improvise.
5. Must have the ability to network and create relationships while working efficiently in a fast-paced sales environment.
6. Must have the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work well independently
7. Excellent problem solving skills within a team setting
8. Ability to coordinate the efforts of individuals from multiple business units to accomplish company goals
9. Must have a high degree of poise and professionalism when interacting with internal and external clients
10. Understanding of the presentation and proposal development process with strong PowerPoint skills.
11. Renowned solution selling pedigree and contacts.
12. Expertise in identifying opportunities, developing strategies and negotiating creative solutions.
13. Exemplary problem-solving, communication and presentation skills.
14. Ability to synergize the efforts of individuals and teams from multiple AEG business units to accomplish the goals of the company.
15. Must have a high degree of poise and professionalism when interacting with internal and external clients
16. Knowledge of media marketing, the sales process and sports marketing
17. Strong and effective leadership skills
18. Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook; Word; PowerPoint; Excel) and Adobe Photoshop
19. Highly innovative mindset with a positive demeanor
20. Meticulous with a keen eye for detail
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.