A rockstar candidate for this role would have direct sales experience selling online learning solutions focused on adult education and corporate training.
The Business Development Manager seeks to engage companies that are viable customers through strategic prospecting as well leads provided by the Marketing department. They include generating interest through strategic phone calls, emails campaigns, and social media platforms. Once you have identified a qualified prospect, the BDM goal is to communicate the value of AOTMP's solutions and execute initial sales with the prospect, these solutions include AOTMP University, Industry Council, Efficiency First Tools and our annual AOTMP Conference.
Responsibilities and Performance Measures
- Responsible for understanding our products and value proposition
- Understand and comply with company quality policy
Present the best first impression possible to prospects in accordance with our values at AOTMP
Adhere to guidance and direction from management
Prospect and identify opportunities (80%)
- Build your personal, professional brand leveraging social media
- Contact regular and prospective clients to discuss AOTMP solutions
- Research prospective clients to pursue
- Utilize Salesforce to maintain data (update contact and account information based on research), manage, prospects and track opportunities.
- Extensive follow up with prospective clients using a targeted sales campaign
Call perspective clients to close the sales
Prepare email drip campaigns partnering with marketing department
Attend Training sessions to meet sales quota (10%)
- Attend and participate in weekly sales training
- Brainstorm with other team member on different techniques
Partner with product owners to close deals
Normal office environment 5 days per week; Heavy exposure to PC; Normal work week of 40 hours, 8 hours per day.
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- GED or High School diploma
- Over 2 years of years of sales experience, preferably LMS and online course curriculum sales
Ability to learn and articulate new solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to work effectively and cross-functionally with all levels of management (internal and external)
Experience with Microsoft Office, LinkedIn, and Salesforce