Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
This is a Monitoring Analytics AML Sr. Data Analyst position within NAM Data Intelligence team under Global Monitoring Solutions & Analytics. The position objective is to play a key role in delivering solutions to increase efficiency of the AML monitoring hub. The role includes developing and executing a structured, problem solving approach to innovating new methodologies to constantly improve the effectiveness & efficiency of Citi’s AML program in the enterprise O&T space.
The NAM Monitoring Analytics Senior Analyst will be responsible to work on efficiency analysis with various stakeholders to improve efficiency and effectiveness of alerts generated, with the support of subject matter experts within the Data Intelligence team. The analyst is expected to track all tactical & strategic solutions through to delivery with minimal supervision.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
•Serve as a Senior Data Analyst by supporting Monitoring Analytics related initiatives.
•Drive identification and analysis of various new opportunities to reduce unproductive volumes in the AML monitoring hub.
•Provide on-going assessment of Monitoring Ecosystem, working with the Business, MRM, FIU, SMV and AML to update as necessary.
•Supports the needs of the Business by analysing and presenting efficiency and effectiveness opportunities.
•Prepare presentation materials for decision makers.
•Liaise with respective regional leads to have global standard proposals
•Prepare reports and presentations for the AML Monitoring Committee, including Lookback/Remediation requests, un-productive case volume, analysis support towards effectiveness opportunity, support in building a good pipeline for future, etc.
•Strong understanding of regional or global implications and applicability of the recommendations
•Analyze and formulate recommendations for effective AML monitoring opportunities of emerging or evolving trends.
•Identify emerging regional trends in AML behavior or typologies and analyze for potential global impact.
•Oversee deliverables and ensures objectives are met
•Involve in meetings, communications, risks, issues, scope and timeframe with Regional Stakeholders from Operations, Compliance, Optimization and Compliance Technology.
•Liaise with various stakeholders from FIU, MRM, Compliance, SMV and AML Technology to generate ideas as well as manage expectations.
•Document solutions and present results in a simple comprehensive way to non-technical audience.
•Develop management decks which showcase AML monitoring volumes and the productivity initiatives in progress.
•Support in basic financial management tracking as a result of the delivery of volume reductions.
•Use appropriate tools and techniques to analyze a variety of data sources
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
• 5+ years of relevant experience
• 2+ years related data analytics experience
• PowerPoint experience required
• BA experience preferred
• AML FIU, Compliance and banking knowledge would be a plus
• Project/Program Management experience preferred
• Ad hoc prototyping skills using multiple techniques to solve a myriad of business scenarios.
• Experience in basic financial management.
• Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner
• Knowledge of the local/regional laws and regulations applicable to anti-money laundering is a plus
• Previous experience with financial services companies is preferred (retail banking, small business banking, commercial, institutional, private banking)
• Self-motivated with the ability to make decisions in the absence of detailed instructions
• Strong stakeholder management
• Proficiency with SQL/ORACLE and other standard database query tools.
• Proficiency with Power Point and presentation skills
• Proficiency with Python skills
• Knowledge or SAS / R is a plus
• Ability to work non-standard business hours, including weekends and holidays as determined by the business needs.
• Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, and Visio)
• Proven time and task management skills
• Conceptual and creative thinking skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Methodical and proactive approach
• Demonstrates a strong understanding and application of analytical techniques
• Initiative, creativity and attention to detail are essential
• Ability to adjust to changing focus and/or priority as well as the ability to successfully multi-task as needed and set priorities as needed.