ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world?s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our main headquarters are located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we also have 18 office locations around the United States- including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
The CS US Business Controller acts a recognized business partner on all levels, by managing and deploying cross sector, operational measures and budgeting processes in the USA.
- Drive both business performance and financial performance.
- Enjoys working with teams in continues improvement environment (on strategic and operational level) to make better decisions support and manage accountability of stakeholders for execution.
- Offers people workable & creative alternatives instead of just saying no.
- Able and willing to speak up, also in meetings where senior managers of the company are present.
CS US Business Controller reports to Sr CS US Business controller.
US CS Field Managers, CS controllers from different regions, Central business/financial control in The Netherlands.
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry.ASML?s corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Manufacturing sites and research and development facilities are located in Connecticut, California and the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training facilities are located in the United States, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, and Taiwan. Additionally, ASML provides optimal service to its customers via over 50 sales and service organizations in 16 countries. Founded in the Netherlands in 1984, the company is publicly traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML.
Be a Business Partner to CS US Field Managers.
- Running Monthly performance review process and budgeting processes.
- Drive optimization and improvement of processes, standardization of reporting and insight-driven analyses within both the business control and financial control organization to satisfy the need for management information.
- Responsible for the operation cost analysis information for management decision making to drive cost efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identify (business) risks and opportunities and propose mitigation plans.
- Enforce compliance with Code of Conduct, Business principles and Sox compliance.
- Have ability to build strong and open working relationships characterized by mutual respect between managers, peers and subordinates within the organization.
- Drive business/process improvements projects.
Bachelor or Master degree with a concentration in Accounting/Finance, Business Administration, Professional Finance certification encouraged, or equivalent experience.
- Extended working experience ( > 8 years) in an international environment and preferably in a similar business environment.
- MS office knowledge.
- Budgeting, planning and analysis experience.
- Preferred project lead experience in process improvement.
Result oriented team player with business sense, proactive and communicative personality who is able to act as a professional business partner in a demanding and very busy technology environment. Other important skills are:
- Cultural awareness, diplomacy.
- Excellent social and communication skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
a. Hands on / Getting things done.
b. Show ownership for solid results.
c. Continues drive for improvement.
- Show flexibility: Maneuver easily in a dynamic / changing environment.
- Self-supporting and outgoing; (re)act on issues (self-starter).
- Be able to convince others and show the ability to deal with resistance.
- Strong analytical skills:
a. Discover new solutions through analytical, interpretive and out of the box thinking.
b. Show ability to oversee processes.
c. Drive changes to processes (also cross sector) to solve misalignment.
Context of the position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer.