Girl Scouts of Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho (GSEWNI) is looking for a part time Membership Recruiter for the Yakima area. This role will be primarily responsible for recruiting at school events, community events, and other unique organizations. This position will follow-up on leads for conversion to membership and run starter troops in areas we need troop development. Events will be scheduled by the Regional Coordinator.
The Membership Recruiter for the Yakima area will work from home & travel to events, working approximately 20 hours per week. Typical hours are 3p.m. to 8 p.m. on weekdays and/or weekends as needed. Ability to travel locally is required. Bi-lingual is a bonus!
This position is responsible for executing effective recruiting strategies to increase awareness and participation in Girl Scouts through a variety of school events, community events, and other unique organizations. This position will follow-up on leads for conversion to membership and run starter troops in areas for necessary troop development. Events will be scheduled by the Regional Coordinator. This role is responsible for securing girl and adult volunteer participation and community partnerships through cultivation, lead generation, and follow-up.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Assists in achieving the council's corporate goals for girl and adult membership through implementing membership strategies in assigned areas.
- Implements membership recruiting strategies outlined in the council's strategic plan, annual business plan and/or other council goals through cultivation and organization of communities to generate increased girl and volunteer leads.
- Prepares a variety of status reports, including activity, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
- Utilizes Girl Scouts of Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho customer relationship management system to support pursuance of leads throughout the recruitment process.
- Cultivates relationships with appropriate community leaders, organizations, and businesses to support recruitment efforts within targeted areas to positively impact membership growth.
- Ensures Girl Scouting is open to all girls and adults by delivering the Girl Scouts message of pluralism and diversity to members of the council.
- Runs starter troops for troop development.
- Follows up on new leads and referrals in a timely fashion; demonstrates confidence to prepare for conversations and visits with potential members/customers by gathering key information and setting strong objectives to achieve successful outcome.
- Promotes and assists with Council wide programs and activities to further membership growth.
- Skillfully uses a variety of questions and other active listening techniques to promote a robust discussion with members/customers and identify needs.
- Demonstrates comfort in presenting the value behind solutions in a way that resonates with what is most important to the potential members/customers of the organization.
- Understands the sales process and management of leads. Energetically and confidently drives to achieve council goals. Recognizes opportunities to “close” and has demonstrated ability to ask for the business/customer transaction.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Sales Experience preferred.
- Valid Driver's License and proof of insurance required.
- Bilingual preferred
- Ability to grasp the landscape within an organization, show passion for working with Girl Scouts and the nonprofit environment and expertise in using various communication vehicles that engage girls, volunteers, parents, donors and the community.
- Must be experienced in the use of computers. Possess strong skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies with ability to understand the basic data quality principles and practice.
- Willingness to subscribe to the principles of the Girl Scout movement, including acceptance of the Girl Scout philosophy and willingness to maintain membership in the Girl Scouts USA.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
Regularly lift objects up 25 pounds, repetitive movement of the wrists, hands and/or fingers. Climb, pull, stoop, kneel, crawl, twist and crouch. Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time and work in inclement weather. This position requires driving a vehicle.
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the:
- Multi-Tasking Ability: ability to handle many diverse tasks/projects at one time; ability to prioritize and complete them on time.
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee works remotely from their home environment and travels locally to community events. Multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment is an integral part of this position, as is the ability to work with high-stress situations based on the nature of GSEWNI mission and daily work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer