DSP- Day / Production Assistant (Elgin, IL)
The DSP / Production Assistant is responsible to implement assigned goals/objectivities and approaches with clients from the Individual Plan, plan and implement meaningful client activities, job trainings, document records and reports relating to these delivered services; function as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team. The DSP/ Production Assistant is also responsible for accuracy and quality of all sub-contract work, performed inventories, maintaining warehouse, complete shipping document, supply production line with raw material.
The Program services individuals from diverse backgrounds, embraces differences in individuals and promotes a positive attitude with peers and community members.
High School Graduate/GED
- Previous experience working with persons with developmental or behavioral health disabilities preferred.
- No lifting restrictions
- Able to lift or move up to 50 lbs.
- No medical restrictions which would prohibit implementation of a two-person lift/transfer or implementation of behavioral program
- Requires significant walking and standing
- Telephone with voicemail system
- Scales (electric and manual)
- Wheel Chair Lifts
- Agency Vehicles
- Hoyer Lift
- Manual pallet Jack
- Minimum age requirement: 18 years
- Position requires a valid Illinois driver’s license and a good driving record as defined by AID driver eligibility requirements.
- Position requires the minimum amount of liability insurance as defined by AID personnel policies.
- Transport of clients in personal and/or agency vehicle
- Complete DHS approved Direct Support Person (DSP) Training if not already on registry
- Acquire and maintain CPR, First-Aid, and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training
- Must demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills
- Must demonstrate effective computer skills
- Attend in-service trainings as required
- Attendance at after hour programmatic functions required