The available position is for a Network Engineer to support a long-tenured Atos major enterprise Fortune 100 customer. The candidate will be supporting multiple services and technologies across the environment. The position will be located on-site in Celebration, FL due to the requirements of the position.
The Network Engineer will ensure delivery and design appropriate plans for incident recovery, network changes and adherence to configuration standards. The Network Engineer needs to apply technical expertise in routing and switching (Cisco IOS and Nexus especially) and load-balancing to consult with Operations Engineering and/or suppliers. The engineer will utilize their knowledge to review engineering standards and develop tactical plans to ensure Network Operations, partners and suppliers are meeting technical requirements. The resource may also assist or oversee major incidents, major change or introduction of new technologies within the environment.
Primary Job Functions:
- Responsible for the technical success of network services within the environment. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Contributor into the development of the Network Operations Strategy and into supporting organizational strategies.
- Accountable for developing and socializing technical solution and process based strategies for functions within defined roles and responsibilities.
- Responsible for influencing the strategies of peer organizations ensuring that their strategic plans are in alignment with the technical direction of Network Operations and/or Strategy and Architecture.
- Ensure that all new network services are designed to deliver the levels of availability required by the business, and validate the final service design to meet operational needs of the business to ensure excellent service delivery
- Technical Leadership
- Provide technical leadership during major incidents and drive to quick resolutions
- Coach team members on a proactive basis, raising the team’s overall technical acumen
- Work with service providers to ensure the proper level of technical acumen and quality are executed within the contracted services
- Understand the approach required to influence and motivate managed services resources to deliver technically sound services
- Thought leadership with process designs. Responsible for developing and evolving operational procedures. Examine & document existing processes, evaluate them within the context of availability and maintainability of Network Services.
- Identify areas in need of process documentation and work with the teams to create, document and train the process
- Responsible for development of operational run-books based on industry best practices for improving compliance to engineering standards in the network domain, including the audit of existing configurations for quality and compliance
- Identify the need for technical process improvement plans, and work with leaders to create and socialize plans; manage all or a portion of the execution of the improvement plan
- Maintain knowledge of industry best practices regarding network operations
- Develop strong working relationships with peers, collateral support teams, and customers.
- Develop and evolve operational procedures, KPI’s and other key network measurement benchmarks.
- Facilitate knowledge transfer to service and network operations personnel.
Education / Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Engineering or Business related field
- 5+ years of experience in technology related fields, with at least 5 years of experience in operationally focused positions
- 3+ years of supporting enterprise level, mission critical systems in either a large IT shared services organization or telecom service provider environment
- Expert level knowledge and understanding of MPLS, Ethernet, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, Cisco HW and SW (IOS/CATOS/NX-OS), Load Balancer, QoS and IP Multicast
- Expert level knowledge of TCP/IP version 4 and other network services required to run a complex corporate network
- Requires at least 1 active Professional level technical certification from a major technology supplier (CCNP, F5-CTS LTM etc.)
- Additional Pluses:
- 3+ years’ progressive data communications experience in WAN/MAN/LAN/Data Center operational support, configuration, evaluation, incident resolution, problem management, and project management experience in a 24x7x365 support environment.
- 3+ years’ experience in day-to-day support of enterprise-scale, complex network environments
- Working knowledge of DNS/DHCP, load-balancers, and other network technologies.
- Knowledge of and experience with major routing protocols like RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, BGP, RMTP, OSPF, etc.
- 3+ years’ experience in the utilization of data communications test equipment and network management systems (e.g., sniffers, Wireshark, OPNET, NetScout, ReliaTel, NAGIOS, and software based management systems such as OpenView, SevOne, Smarts, Riverbed CMC, JunOS Space, NetBrain, NetCool, etc.) a plus.
- Familiarity with the capabilities and problems of a broad spectrum of hardware and transmission technologies (e.g., cabling, optical fiber, WAN and transport, routing, firewalls, LAN/VLANs switches, SDN, etc.)
- Ability to understand fairly complex network infrastructure quickly during major incidents and provide technical leadership appropriately
- Exceptional communication skills are a must. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at a variety of levels and to communicate intricate technical and procedural matters to both technical and non-technical personnel across diverse cultures
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Good understanding of how IT technology supports the Enterprise and the Business Segments
- Ability to communicate and multi-task under pressure
- Sound knowledge and understanding of all types of LAN environments (equipment hardware, software and cabling environment to support Ethernet, single mode and multi-mode fiber optics, CISCO Nexus, ASR, F5, Juniper, MacAfee, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience with ITIL concepts, Incident, Problem and Change Management.
- Expert troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide array of technical and managerial personnel to resolve complex problems.
- Ability to direct and interact during major outages and/or initiatives
- Ability to construct action plans and provide oversight to ensure delivery
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Ability to be on-call (including weekends and holidays)
- Travel requirements are not expected for this role
- Strong customer, quality and results orientation
- Ability to be an effective team member and technical leader
- Ability to recognize and embrace change as the external environment and organization evolves
- Ability to interface with non-IT savvy business partners as well as technical staff
- Ability to articulate challenges effectively to Atos and customer executives
- Candidate will possess a high-level of written, verbal & presentation & skills
- Responsible to meet directed deadlines and excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills
Job Type: Full-time