Avenue is hybrid strategy and creative firm that lives at the intersection of business vision and culture, marketing and sales, and buyers’ needs. We help B2B companies succeed at important moments, whether that means a new product launch or a significant new direction for their business and brand. We’re based in Chicago’s River North neighborhood, and our teams emphasize creative collaboration.
We are looking for an account coordinator/assistant to help our account and operations teams best serve our clients. This position could be right for you if you are a natural “helper,” organized in every way, have a positive and professional demeanor, and love a full plate. The perfect candidate is also outgoing and persistent, has outstanding verbal and written communication skills, strong decision making and judgment skills, is a diplomatic communicator, flexible, and will always pitch in to help — even with things that aren’t on the job description.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Calendar management: helping to schedule appointments and meetings
- Work with operations director and account team to help develop proposals and timelines
- Assist in the development of client status reports
- Develop, communicate and manage project schedules and budgets
- Ensure project information up to date in our Project Management system (Workamajig)
- Initiate and facilitate internal and client events and meetings
- Coordinate with team to execute work according to client’s needs and expectations
- Assist account lead with client communications and project management, including status reports, timeline updates, initiating new projects, and completing tasks that may occur at a moment’s notice
- Help manage our office – order and stock supplies, answer telephones and field/direct incoming calls
The right candidate has:
- Ideally two years of work experience in a professional environment. Creative or marketing industry experience is highly desirable, as is a degree in communication or marketing.
- Delicious coffee, free lunch Thursday, Action Hero Awards, parties for our favorite holidays — like Halloween, abundant snack drawer, all the bananas you can eat, and regular gatherings at magical friendship island
- Enthusiastic and friendly coworkers who are committed to doing great work
- Awesome workspace