Every day, millions of patients and caregivers rely on Baxter’s leading portfolio of critical care, nutrition, renal, hospital and surgical products. For more than 85 years, we’ve been operating at the critical intersection where innovations that save and sustain lives meet the healthcare providers that make it happen. With products, technologies and therapies available in more than 100 countries, Baxter’s employees worldwide are now building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of transformative healthcare innovations. To learn more, visit www.baxter.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
The Capping Operator position supports aseptic filling operations by staging and delivering components, conducting in-process testing, operating capping equipment, conducting inspections of filled units, batch count reconciliation, and terminal sterilization in conformance with current Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Documentation Practices (cGMP/GDP) standards. The Capping Operator will also initiate minor revisions to existing documents and troubleshoot simple processes / equipment failures. The Capping Operator may be required to cross-train as a support Operator for additional areas. This position reports to a Manufacturing Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (these are primary responsibilities of the role and the incumbent will perform other duties as assigned):
- Understand and follow current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Operate automated terminal sterilizers.
- Perform product weight verification.
- Perform routine cleanup, line clearances, and sanitizations as assigned by area supervision to maintain cGMP compliance within the work areas.
- Perform sanitizations in a timely and effective manner in accordance with cGMPs and Baxter procedures, maintaining production schedule.
- Maintain organization at all times within the classified areas to ensure equipment and product segregation, readiness and to prevent any contamination or rejection of batches.
- Perform routine verification of equipment and instruments.
- Setup and operate capping equipment.
- Assist in the training and development of other team members.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
6 months previous Pharmaceutical Manufacturing experience preferred
2 years of experience operating and troubleshooting complex production equipment preferred
Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability to use enterprise software (examples include: JDE, BPLM, Pilgrim, Trackwise, etc.)
There are minimum training requirements for each operator level
Physical / Safety Requirements:
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to push/pull heavy wheeled objects (ie: tanks, carts, pallet jacks, etc.)
- Must be able to perform overhead work (ie: sanitizing walls and ceilings)
- Physical coordination/flexibility to allow gowning for clean room environments
- Utilize applicable personal protective equipment, including safety shoes/toe caps, gloves, eye protection, heat resistant wear and hearing protection
- Dexterity and physical condition to perform some level of repetitive motion tasks
- Ability to wear respirator when product or task requires
- Eyesight to ensure effective inspection of equipment and/or filled units (corrective lenses acceptable)
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment is required
- Must be able to gown qualify for Grade C/D areas.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.