The Assistant General Manager manages the day to day operation of the store as Manager On-Duty in conjunction with the management team to maximize sales and customer service. The Assistant General Manager may also be responsible for one of the following categories: book, buyback, or media.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maximizes profits and customer service by leading assigned category team and operating the store in adherence with all Company policy and guidelines
- Operates the store as the Manager On-Duty in conjunction with the management team.
- Ensures highest level of customer service and handles customer complaints to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Maintains category merchandising and cleanliness and ensures operational efficiency.
- Trains and develops Associates and Leads within category and facilitates cross training for further development.
- Facilitates effective communication to all store Associates through daily briefings and weekly and monthly meetings.
- Consults with the General Manager on associate performance
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Team Management and Development
- Action Orientation
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 21 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college preferred
- Previous experience in a supervisor role
- Successful completion of all required background screenings
- Computer and cash register skills
Physical and Environmental Requirements
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use hands/arms to operate keyboard, telephone and for repetitive motion activities.
- Must be able to lift or team lift objects up to 50 lbs., with or without assistance.
- Must be able to communicate using speech, sight, and sound with or without assistive device.
Must be able to stand, walk, climb, bend, stoop or crouch while performing daily activities of the job.
Job Type: Full-time
- retail management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sales Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Team Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Waynesboro, VA (Required)
- Store Discounts
Employees working per shift: