Borrego Health provides high quality, efficient customer focused health care to the communities we serve, accomplished by providing access to patient centered comprehensive care to all residents regardless of their ability to pay.
Under the supervision of the Receivables & Collections Manager, a clerk’s primary responsibilities are to manage patient and ‘payer’ payments, work with patients for payment arrangements, review and investigate claims, and assist patients, team members, medical staff and other Borrego Health employees as needed as it pertains to the accurate management of medical claim data and the patient encounter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:Administrative Functions:
1. Be proficient in the use of the SuccessEHS practice management software system, including learning and applying new functionality as needed, with specific knowledge in the following:
a. Inquiry module
b. Receivables Module
c. Knowledge of Charge Entry Module
2. Enter Commercial Insurance, Medicare, Medi-CAL, and Private Pay payments into the practice management system.
3. Investigate any offsets from Commercial Insurance, Medicare, Medi-CAL and Private Pay.
4. Investigate and initiate appropriate refunds.
5. Update patient addresses and insurance data in the practice management software.
6. Maintain patient accounts applying charge corrections, account notes and managing overpayments.
7. Create and follow up on Claim Inquiry Forms (CIF).
8. Create and follow up on patient payment plans.
9. Correcting information as needed via Resubmission Turnaround Document (RTD).
10. Answer phone calls and return voicemails within 1-2 business days.
11. Receive and process patient payments via phone.
12. Meet and/or exceed daily benchmarks.
13. Accurate completion of daily logs.
14. Ability to navigate Borrego Health SharePoint Billing Site.
15. Monitor department equipment and computer connectivity and report issues to supervisor.
16. Assist administrative personnel as necessary.
17. Other duties as assigned.
Learn more about us and view our current openings please visit our web-site at:
Please follow the instructions below to apply for this position.
You may also mail or fax your application and resume to the following address and telephone number:
PO Box 2369
Borrego Springs, CA 92004
- Please note that you must fill out and submit an application along with your resume to be considered for this position.
Borrego Community Health Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or any other protected class, political affiliation or belief.