Position: Communications Specialist w/ OCM
Location: Rosemead, CA
The Communications Specialist plays a key role in supporting content development for a large-scale IT project with enterprise-wide impacts. Working with various teams, the Communications Specialist provides vital support in identifying, generating, and disseminating messaging and insight from team counterparts for a variety of external and internal platforms.
This position will work in partnership with leadership to develop and implement communications plans that span company-wide, across internal platforms. This is a great opportunity to work closely with business leaders to direct strategy and implement plans for targeted distribution and impact.
The Communications Specialist supports and leads planning activities to support and enhance awareness of the project value proposition and full range of services among employees and customers. At the same time, maximizing messaging impact and consistency with corporate guidelines is essential. Success will involve collaborating with leaders to help promote thought leadership and elevate project visibility, as well as developing high-quality materials that support communications metrics and align with the corporate strategy.
Strong writing and editing skills are essential for this role. The Communications Specialist is a champion of the company brand and an expert in implementing the company voice and Style Guide. The individual is also responsible for developing and tailoring content in alignment with existing company messaging that engages and informs stakeholders across multiple internal-company channels.
- Develop and manage overall voice, narrative, and messages consistent with corporate positioning; ensure the voice, message and values are consistently reinforced to prospects and clients through key interactions.
- Provide communications support to key team members.
- Develop a strategy and plan that will include a mix of communication channels including email, company intranet, face-to-face meetings and townhalls, etc.
- Develop messaging and collateral that promote confidence in the program and trust in the company, while communicating complex ideas in a clear and concise manner that is easy to understand.
- Develop and maintain a communications plan and calendar of communications initiatives and events to ensure timely messaging that is accurate and engaging.
- Develop strong working partnerships with key members of business lines and corporate partners to support implementation.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures, in partnership with team members and/or leaders, to ensure efficiency, accuracy, and productivity as it relates to internal communications, distribution processes, web content updates and management, and a centralized process for sending alerts and updates to executives and other groups across the company.
- Contribute to overall issues and crisis communications planning.
- Support development of client presentations.
- Degree in Communications, Public Relations, English, Journalism, or Marketing.
- Strong background and 7-10 years of experience in communications and OCM including internal, external, and executive communications.
- Experience working on communications for a large, multi-year project with a significant enterprise impact, strongly preferred.
- Prosci Certification required
- Experience in Stakeholder Identification & Analysis
- Experience in Change Impact Assessment
- Experience in developing Organizational Readiness
- Experience working on large-scale technology projects
- Experience with Change Management working with Systems, Process and Process Change
- Must demonstrate ability to creatively meet the needs of an integrated organization.
- Must demonstrate experience and success in providing strategic communications counsel to executive and senior management as well as peers.
- Creative thinker with outstanding writing skills.
- Ability to write for technical experts and executives.
- Solid planning, organizational and research skills.
- Ability to contribute efficiently in a fast-paced environment with acute attention to detail.
- Detail-oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization skills.
- Ability to effectively balance multiple priorities.
- Excellent consultative, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment, as well as to work autonomously.
Job Type: Contract
- communications background: 7 years (Required)
- providing strategic communications: 5 years (Required)
- Solid planning, organizational and research skills: 5 years (Required)
- Change Impact Assessment: 5 years (Required)
- Develop a strategy and plan: 5 years (Required)
- Develop and implement processes and procedures: 5 years (Required)
Full Time Opportunity: