C2 Education is a tutoring and education company that has been growing for over 20 years. We currently have over 160 centers in 14 states. Our mission is to help students and their families to achieve their academic goals and dreams. The Tutor role is central to this mission and we truly believe that C2 is about People teaching People.
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Tutors are required to complete the C2 Teacher Training Program and additional ongoing training.
- Instruct students in a maximum 3:1 student, Teacher ratio.
- Keep detailed records of tutoring sessions using C2 Student Progress Records and/or relevant forms.
- Work closely with Center Program Director to meet students’ academic goals.
- Great Pay
- Meaningful work
- Flexible schedule to fit your lifestyle
- Great first, or anytime, job
- Opportunity to work for a mission driven company
- Track and analyze student progress
- Tutor tailors lessons to students needs
- Performs administrative and team based activities as needed
Key Competencies/Success Factors
- Patient, understanding, dedicated
- Ability to break down a complex problem into a simple explanation
- It is not enough to know, you must be able to explain
- Ability to build and maintain rapport with students
- Ability to organize and manage multiple responsibilities successfully.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher is required
- AP-level knowledge in at least one or more subjects preferred (English, Humanities, Math, and/or Science).
- High SAT or ACT scores preferred. We're looking for teachers who can score at or above the 95 percentile.
- Highly skilled, motivated, versatile, dependable, and dynamic individuals with strong communication skills.
- Friendly, patient, and sensitive to the needs of a diverse student population .
- No teacher certification required.
- No previous teaching or tutoring experience required but candidate must have a passion for Education and mentoring students.
Job Type: Part-time