- Safely position and unite steel girders, columns, and other structural members to form completed structures or structural frameworks
- Read specifications and blueprints to determine the locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required
- Set up hoisting equipment for raising and placing structural steel members; Hoist steel beams, girders, and columns into place using cranes, using hand signals and tag lines
- Verify alignment and plumbing of steel structures and make corrections to erected structures as needed
- Connect columns, beams, and girders with bolts following blueprints using various bolts, nuts, washers and torqing
- Properly use rigging practices to rig materials
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience with layout, connecting and rigging
- Ability to work at all heights is a must.
- Ability to read blueprints, interpret symbols and abbreviations on plans and drawings.
- Prior rigging experience to include knowledge of hand signals, rigging gear, inspection and proper use.
- NCCER certification is a required!
- Have all required tools for connecting steel
Cianbro is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time