SUMMARY: Allocates merchandise to stores by analyzing individual businesses using zonal unit plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Evaluates allocation methods, strategies and analytics.
- Effectively work with Planning Manager and planning team to identify and implement allocation strategies to achieve or exceed goals.
- Reviews and analyzes zone performance weekly to determine allocation strategy for the week.
- Works with Planning Manager and planning team to analyze historical, seasonal and current trends using zonal unit plans.
- Identifies key items and determine best method to allocate goods equitably to stores.
- Utilizes systems to analyze business as needed.
- Manages purchase orders from initial allocation through the end of life cycle of merchandise, including replenishment and consolidation of goods to other stores or channels.
- Manages overall store inventory levels based on store capacity, seasonality and selling curves using zonal unit plans.
- Monitors performance of assigned classifications to ensure inventory levels, assortments and quantities are appropriate to achieve the company’s sales and profitability objectives.
- Monitors new/renovation store shipping and performance to ensure inventory levels are achieved and stores are funded.
- Develops and executes allocation strategies for assigned department in accordance with merchandise plans, unit and zonal plans, store attributes and company objectives.
- Weekly monitor classification/style performance and adjust allocation strategy to maximize sales opportunities and minimize markdown liability.
- Regularly visit stores and competition to understand business trends in-store.
- Develops relationship with merchant team in order to effectively understand merchandise and merchant strategy.
- Develops working relationship with the distribution centers to ensure continuous flow of product to stores. Acts as liaison between the merchant team and the distribution center.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: 4 Year Degree, 2 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and understand documents such as general correspondence, department reports and office procedures. Ability to communicate effectively with vendors and fellow associates. Extensive computer skills required.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to talk and hear
- Manual dexterity is required to operate computer and telephone
Job Type: Full-time