Under the supervision of the Manager of Desktop Support, the Desktop Support Analyst will
provide second line technical support for all staff at Colorado Access via phone, email, online and in person. They are responsible for resolving support requests as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & WORK DUTIES
The following essential functions of this position are performed personally, in cooperation with your supervisor, and/or in coordination with other staff. Additional work functions and duties may be assigned.
- Diagnoses and resolves software and hardware incidents, including operating systems (Windows and Mac) and across a range of software applications.
- Assists users with any logged IT related incidents via phone, in person or remote sessions.
- Builds, configures, deploys, maintains, troubleshoots and supports computer workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, phones and other computer and telecommunications equipment.
- Diagnoses and resolves unique, nonrecurring problems associated with application software and operating systems; determines the source of problems and classifies their level, priority and nature.
- Installs and supports PC, laptop, tablet and mobile hardware and software.
- Creates alternative methods of completing tasks, correcting user errors and system inconsistencies to improve the desktop team function.
- Participates in hardware and software reviews and recommends purchases.
- Maintains inventory of installed software, manages software licensing and creates policies and procedures for upgrades.
- Works with hardware and software vendors to verify timely product delivery and ensures that new equipment is installed and ready to operate on schedule.
- Ensures desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers, printers, and administrative systems.
- Documents procedures, standards, best practices configurations, settings, installation sequences and back-out instructions.
- Takes ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary.
- Accurately records, updates and documents requests using the IT service management system.
- Creates, maintains and publishes relevant support documentation or knowledge articles in order to assist all staff in the quick resolution of their incidents and service requests and enable users to become more self-sufficient.
- Follows up with clients to ensure their systems are functional and tickets are resolved to their satisfaction.
- Provides on call after business hours support as part of a rotating schedule.