We are looking for a maintenance technician to supervise maintenance operations - i.e., refrigeration, heating, plumbing, etc., maintaining standards.
- Supervise, develop and maintain ongoing maintenance operation for hotel, including refrigeration, heating, plumbing, water treatment, preventive maintenance, hotel rooms, A/H units, ice machines, pools, lighting, kitchen equipment, emergency generators, water softeners, switch rooms, roof exhausts, electrical substations, etc.
- Ensure projects are completed according to specifications and on time by studying work schedules and estimating worker-hour requirements for completion. Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Work closely with Housekeeper and Front Desk Manager to ensure coordination of activities. May confer with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Aid and instruct craftsmen in scheduling work, ordering material and completing assignments by a specified date. May estimate, requisition, and inspect materials.
- Meet with architects to discuss blueprints, contact contractors to submit bids for new construction, and meets with construction supervisors to discuss different phases of work.
- Perform work within departmental expense plans.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assist workers in solving problems. Initiate or suggest plans to motivate workers.
- Recommend or initiate personnel actions, such as training, promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary measures.
- Reward employees who meet/exceed expectations. Confer with workers' representatives.
- Interprets specifications, job orders, and company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules, recommends measures to improve production.
- May set up machines and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
- Read and understand instructions, safety rules, etc. Write reports with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar. Speak with poise, voice control, and confidence, using correct grammar and well-modulated voice.
- Ability to understand the technologies required in the work you are directing
- Must have a valid driver's license and a clean driving record
- 2+ years of maintenance in the hotel industry experience required
Indeed Hire and Comfort Inn are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance Technician: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)