Comstock is currently seeking a Field Technician for our Environmental Department. S/he will demonstrate the ability to beresponsible for field work for remediation of contaminated sites located primarily in Virginia, Maryland, DC and Delaware. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with a growing company!
We offer a competitive salary with potential for bonus, generous benefit package (e.g., Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Match, Life), opportunities for advancement, annual professional development funds, employee discount, friendly work environment and more! To learn more about Comstock Companies and how you can grow your career with our expanding portfolio, please visit: http://www.comstockcompanies.com and apply today!
- Field work will be limited, but may include drilling oversight for soil sampling and/or groundwater well installation, groundwater sampling, excavation oversight, operation and maintenance of remediation systems and vapor/soil gas surveys
- Prepare and review technical reports, feasibility studies, work plans, design documents, and construction documents in support of engineering design from pilot to full-scale remediation system design
- Assist with environmental investigations and remediation projects to include scheduling and coordinating task resources and soliciting guidance from other senior level technical staff
- Evaluate data to (1) support conceptual site models for environmental investigations, (2) delineate the nature and extent of contamination, and (3) modify and optimize post-remedy long-term monitoring programs
- Travel locally on short and long-term assignments (approximately 25%)
- Bachelor's degree in science, geology or hydrogeology or a similar field
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to pass a company physical exam (indicating that there will be no restrictions for field activities or use of a full-face respirator)
- Valid driver's license without major violations
- Must be highly credible and trustworthy, and operate with high degree of integrity
- Must hold oneself and others accountable and strive for a high level of excellence
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude and be able to fuel growth and innovation
- Must be customer-focused and results-oriented
- Must want to continuously learn and develop
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to learn sector/project-specific software systems
- Ability to work well in a team establishing good working relationships with others
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks with a strong attention to detail
ONE COMSTOCK, ONE MISSION: Pursue exceptionalism by delivering extraordinary experiences while creating value for all stakeholders as a real estate asset manager, service provider, and investor. To support Comstock’s core mission statement, all team members must demonstrate a commitment to customer satisfaction while promoting professionalism, collaboration, and respect for all individuals and organizations that do business with Comstock.
Comstock Holding Companies, Inc. is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.