The Construction Superintendent shall provide on-site coordination for all phases of construction, including coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
- Schedule subcontractors and vendors to ensure timely completion.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
- Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with his contracted scope of work.
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
- Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to the GC.
- Maintain daily log (written) of activities on the jobsite.
- Perform Superintendent duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously.
- Ensure subcontractor has corrected deficiencies.
- Walk the job site/project daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
- Preside over weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work.
- Issue notices of non-compliance to subcontractors in regards to quality of work or scheduling.
- Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
- Perform job progress and completion punch list identification and completion.
- Gather project material submittals and maintain records of approvals at the job-site.
- Identify areas of work that are outside of subcontracted scope.
- Preside at pre-construction meeting with each subcontractor.
- Opening the jobsite at beginning of the day and securing the jobsite at the end of the day.
- Must be able to travel to the jobsite(s) as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Provide direction to and resolve problems amongst subcontractors and vendors.
- Ability to identify deficient work and provide resolution.
- Blueprint reading.
- Monitoring job site general health and safety. Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Communication – Speaks, reads and writes effectively and accurately.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional
- resources; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of five years of verifiable experience, thorough knowledge of trades and be computer literate.
- This position involves work at a construction site where duties will be performed both indoors and outdoors.
- Must be able to stand/walk be on feet for most of the day. Climb, kneel, reach, crouch, stoop, twist, etc.
- Lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction: 5 years (Preferred)