The Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) is the first point of contact and demonstrates professionalism by using a patient centered approach of building trust, meeting needs, and delivering solutions through recognizing the needs and opportunities that exists while coordinating all clinic and patient support services within their specific clinic location(s). The PCC screens the patient to determine how we can best help them. The PCC responds to questions regarding advertising promotions, learns to recognize a potential “opportunity” and facilitate smooth patient flow and services to the patient.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide the first contact for patients who call or come in to schedule an appointment or inquire about our services. Screen calls, recognizing opportunities and facilitating excellent service by providing the information necessary to secure an appointment, sell a product, or answer a question. Schedule and confirm appointments.
- Track marketing calls and inquiries from initial contact through the point of sale.
- Coordinate provider’s schedule and ensure the smooth and efficient flow of patient care while in the office.
- Check patients in and out, collect and record payments, track revenue and accounting activities to include: petty cash reconciliation, end of day close, bank deposits, posting of charges, entering invoices, payments and insurance claim processing.
- Experience with word processing and database software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that allow effective working relationships with a diverse, patient, colleague, and vendor population. This includes listening, sales and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- management: 2 years (Preferred)