Requisition Number: 38049
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The Global Supply Management (GSM) Function is recognized as a critical function for business success. It delivers the training, tools and opportunities needed to create innovative solutions for the function & the corporation. GSM has leading edge, effective processes to anticipate and exceed customer requirements.
Overview/Scope of Position:
Business Logistics Manager (BLM) ensures a robust global logistics strategy that is cost competitive, with minimized risk and supply assurance. Acting as key interface with Corning businesses, BLM collaborates with business leaderships on development and execution of strategy by leveraging the competencies of GLO core services, including digitalization tools and processes.
Purpose and Major Responsibilities of Position:
- Develop, manage and execute logistics strategy globally in alignment with Business strategies and plans.
- Collaborate with Business to design and build forward looking supply chain and logistics networks to achieve optimal cost, service level and supply assurance.
- Leverage Global Logistics Organization on global strategies and core services (Strategic Sourcing, Trade Compliance, Network Solutions, Warehouse Solutions and Project Logistics Group) to resolve strategic issues.
- Partner with business leaders to identify and communicates appropriate performance metrics to internal and external stakeholders. Participates as a member of the business leadership team.
- Ensure compliance with international trade regulations and specific local regulations through Trade Compliance Core Service
- Drive standardization and cost reduction through centralization of business embedded logistics and trade compliance functions into regional operating centers.
- Link logistics strategy to department MBOs and development plans of direct and indirect reports.
Major Ongoing Tasks
- Develop, deploy and measure in conjunction with the BU a cost reduction portfolio B
- Build and leverage global best practices to enable standardization where required
- Leads strategic and tactical resources to ensure a cost-effective team to support all BU logistic programs
- Drive and facilitate linkage of the Business unit needs to Global Logistics Organization Core Service offerings
Personnel Interaction: A
- Business Supply Chain Director, Supply Chain Manager, Logistics Lead, Plant operations
- Business Supply Manager (BSM)
- Global Logistics Organization and Core Service team leads
- Project Managers of key projects requiring logistics strategic support
Minimum Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- 5-10 years of experience in Supply Chain operations with demonstrated track record of results
- Bachelors of Science Degree; Supply Chain degree preferable; MBA is a plus
- Global thinking, able to partner across internal functions and external partners
- Technology savvy with good understanding of digitalization tools
- Strong communication, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to align and build teams to deliver results
- Ability to establish direction, work across multiple work streams, create strategy, execute
- Superior problems solving, project management, analytical and organizational skills
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Nearest Major Market: Corning