Under supervision, receives, stores and issues a variety of materials, supplies and equipment in a departmental supply unit.
NOTE: Candidates who meet the employment standards will be invited to take a written examination. Written exams are tentatively scheduled for Saturday, June 29, 2019.
Sufficient education and experience, which demonstrates possession of the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
Training and Experience: The knowledge and abilities required to perform this function are normally attained through training and experience equivalent to possession of a high school diploma and one (1) year of experience in storeroom methods and procedures used in the receipt, storage and issuance of goods.
Possession of a valid California Drivers license prior to appointment and the ability to qualify for and maintain a County Drivers Permit is required for some positions.
Possession and maintenance of a Forklift Operators Certification within six (6) months of appointment is required for some positions.
- Storeroom methods and procedures used in the receipt, storage and issuance of goods.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions;
- Exercise physical exertion in the movement of moderately heavy or bulky supplies or equipment;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work;
- Perform basic clerical work including simple computer usage.