Position Summary: Retail Sales Clerks play a key role in helping our store teams to serve and delight our guests. If you are a high energy, outgoing person who loves to help others and work as part of a team, this job is for you! Responsibilities involve supporting the Store Manager with day to day operations so that we are the clear choice for our guests. Retail Sales Clerks will greet and welcome our guests, and keep our stores in-stock, clean and organized to make the guest experience fast, easy and pleasant. This role supports the Store Manager and other team members in delivering an exceptional guest shopping experience and a working environment that promotes engagement and living the Company values.
1. Greet all guests in a friendly manner to make them feel welcomed and appreciated.
2. Maintain the overall appearance and cleanliness of the store (inside and out) ensuring that the coffee station is clean and stocked; the food service prep bar area is spotless and the bathrooms are sparkling clean.
3. Monitor product levels on the sales floor, including coolers and freezers, rotating stock and keeping product levels full so that we have what our guests’ desire and achieve the Company goal of 100% in-stock at all times.
4. Perform other duties as assigned at the discretion of the Store Manager or Shift Leader
5. Assist with executing Company processes and programs to provide a consistent guest shopping experience.
Store team members, Store Manager, District Manager, and various Corporate personnel and vendors.Requirements:
Minimum Education: N/A
Minimum Experience: N/A
Preferred Experience: N/A
Soft Skills: • Comfortable talking and interacting with guests and team members
- High energy
- Ability to move from one activity to another quickly
- Team oriented; willing to give extra effort to help others
Scheduling This position is a part time and full-time and involves working a variety of hours, day and night, as Cumberland Farms can be open 24 hours depending on the store. Weekend & Holiday hours are required. You will be scheduled as double coverage only.
Hours & Conditions Part time (up to 29 hours) Full time (30 – 40 hours)
Other Specialized work attire requirements in AIM locations
Physical Requirements Ability to stand/walk 8 hours a day; ability to lift 40 lbs., reach overhead, bend, squat, twist, reach, grasp and grip and work in cooler (cold temperatures).
SPECIFICS FOR 16 & 17 Year Old Team Members
Scheduling This position is part time and involves working a variety of hours, days, nights, weekends & holidays. You will be scheduled as double coverage only.
Hours & Conditions Part time (up to 28 hours)
Other Specialized work attire requirements in Food service locations
Physical Requirements Ability to stand/walk 6 hours a day; ability to lift 40 lbs, reach overhead, bend, squat, twist, reach, grasp and grip, and work in cooler (cold temperatures)
Work Restrictions At all times of year:
- Restricted from using ovens and walk in freezers
- Restricted from using ladders
- Copies of working papers must be onsite and all termed paperwork must be sent to HR (where applicable by individual State statutes)
- Cannot work more than 6 days a week
- Must have more than 8 hours between the end of one shift and the beginning of the next
- Length of scheduled shifts should meet State minimum hour requirements
- May work up to 28 hours a week.
During School Year:
- May only work 4 hours per day and may not work during school hours (generally 7am – 3pm) and not past 10pm.
Outside of School year (Summer and breaks):
- May work up to 6 hours per day
- Must receive a meal period for every 4 hours worked