On the Spot Interviews
909 Katie Court
Harrisburg PA 17109
Responsible for performing various tasks related to the movement of product to service customers. This could entail unloading product, sorting, verifying, counting, stocking, picking, packing, labeling, staging or loading, as well as cleaning in the warehouse.
**Must successfully complete math test**
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- May unload delivery vehicles, open bundles cartons and other containers using hand tools, sort & detail product verifying product ID’s and counts, and convey stock to designated areas by hand truck or forklift equipment.
- May accurately pick orders in a variety of methods i.e. pick to cart, box, jiffy utilizing R.F. gun
- May verify packages for quantity, correct product and condition, and weigh and manifest packages checking for proper routing.
- May add void fill to packages to insure safe transit, insure package is sealed properly and sorted to the correct carrier.
- Insure all orders go out correctly
- Must be able to be trained to use the computer system, including RF equipment.
- Operate in a safe, neat and orderly manner.
- Maintain good attendance and dependability.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to communicate with supervisor and co-owners effectively.
- Ability to complete assignments within established timelines.
- Ability to complete work under general supervision.
- Keeps work area neat, clean and hazard free.
- Must work in other areas, as needed for cross training and/or workload.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in a distribution environment is preferred.
- Available to work overtime, weekends, holidays, as required.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple memos and/or complete employment forms.
- Ability to add subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers. Must meet minimum score on pre-employment skills test.
- May be required to achieve equipment certification to comply w/ safety standards as mandated by law.
- Must be able to regularly stand on hard surfaces for long periods of time, walk, use hands and fingers, reach with arms, talk and hear.
- Must be able to frequently stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- The employee occasionally will be required to sit, climb ladder or steps, or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- May be exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high places, fumes or airborne particles.
- Must be able to work in a noisy environment (loud).
- May be exposed to extreme heat in summer and/or cold in winter.
Job Type: Full-time
- forklift: 2 years (Preferred)
- warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)