Assisting the Store Leader in the supervision and management of the store. This includes ensuring that the store meets all company standards in the areas of merchandising, visual presentation, store maintenance, loss prevention, and the training a development of Associates.
An Assistant Manager creates an environment where the associates are active and willing participants in working towards and achieving team goals.
- Leads by Example
- Assist the Store Leader in developing associates in all phases of the stores business to achieve and surpass business goals
- Assisting the Store Leader in all aspects of store operations to maximize sales.
- Implement Visual Standards and directives.
- Motivate, recognize and reward all members of your team.
- Continuously network and recruit passionate associates, dedicated to exceeding customer expectations and achieving team sales excellence.
- Encourage and share faster, better and more efficient business ideas.
- Proven track record of effective management skills (at least 2-4 years with specialty retail apparel)
- Ability to grow sales by engaging the team and motivating them to perform at their best in order to achieve comp sales goals and profit goals.
- Ability to increase business through recruiting and developing store associates.
- Exceptional Customer Service skills required.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Available to work flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays is required.
- Ability to communicate with associates and guest.
- Ability to stand, walk, reach up to 4 hours or longer as necessary.
- Able to lift or move minimum of 15 pounds.
- Ability to access all areas of the store including the selling floor, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store, including but not limited to, back office computer, POS register system, scanner.
- Ability to work varied hours/days including nights and weekends and holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 to $16.00 /hour
- Retail Management: 2 years (Required)
- Management: 4 years (Preferred)