This is an entry level position designed to assist branch Loan Officers (LOs) while preparing the Loan Officer Associate (LOA) to grow into a Loan Officer position. The LOA will complete various on-line and classroom educational sessions while receiving operational training by assisting the LOs with
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare loan application documents based on applications received via email, or standard mail.
- Photocopy and scan documents into Loan Operating System during and after loan application.
- Shadow LO to understand both the pre-qualification process and the essentials of taking accurate loan applications.
- Update the loan application with any missing data, i.e., lot number, address, plan type, incentive, delivery time, etc.
- Communicate with the borrowers or processing as needed/requested by Loan Officer or Division Manager.
- Assist processors and closers in procuring loan documents from borrowers and other entities as needed/requested by LOs.
- Attend and complete on-going training in preparation for an LO position through the Eagle Training Course Catalogue.
- Apply and successfully complete testing for mortgage licensing and appropriate state licensing as needed. Multiple state licenses may be required depending on location.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of RESPA through continuing education courses.
- Train with manager on mortgage rate sheets in order to learn to accurately price and lock loans.
- Review various daily/weekly/monthly reports to learn the overall mortgage process from application to closing.
- Maintain notes within origination computer system to ensure complete exchange of information regarding loan applications, loan status, conversations with customers, underwriting and lock-in information.
- Occasionally provide initial set up of the file – i.e. order title, etc.
- Participate in builder and realtor functions, phase releases, grand openings, phone banks, special events, etc., to develop and maintain relationships.
- Work with Division Manager and Loan Officers on local marketing campaigns utilizing Mortgage Returns, Eaglehm.com leads, etc.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Four-year college degree (preferred)
- Strong sales and customer service abilities
- Strong work ethic
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- General office skills - ability to answer and coordinate telephone calls and take written messages
- Ability to study material independently
- Strong keyboard skills and ability to type minimum 30 words per minute
- Valid driver’s license
Regular interaction with Home Building Division, Sales Associates, prospective-home buyers and lender representatives. Also dealing with Home Building Division management as well as Mortgage Division staff.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires the ability to operate a personal computer, typewriter, calculator, fax machine, copier, climb stairs, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry materials and supplies weighing 20 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Possess positive and professional attitude and represent company in a positive manner
- Provide outstanding customer service, work well under pressure and be a team player
- Possess excellent organization and analytical skills
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Interact well with co-workers
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures
- Accept constructive criticism
- Work weekends and evenings as needed