A Great Place to Work
Last year, we transformed the P2P payments industry with Zelle. 247-million transactions and $75-billion later, consumers love us as much as our amazing team of talented people. Come join the most INNOVATIVE FinTech company in Arizona.
The Manager, Risk Management is responsible for the building and coordination of a centralized first-line of defense (LOD1) risk and internal control program efforts for Early Warning’s (specified department or function). The role will be required to align with the company’s Enterprise Risk Management Leadership around the structure of the 3LOD (three lines of defense) Program to ensure the consistency in the implementation and operationalization across the enterprise.
- Assist Sr. Risk Managers and LOD1 Director if meeting departmental goals and objectives.
- Build and manage the business line’s centralized LOD1 function; act as business-line liaison to Enterprise Risk Management, Operational Risk Management, and Compliance in support of the company’s Three-Lines of Defense (3LOD) program.
- Own and maintain business-line’s process inventory and internal control environment inventory.
- Work with Compliance (and other Risk functions) to obtain a high-level understanding of and monitor applicable regulations and requirements.
- Partner with Enterprise Risk Management in the execution of Risk and Control Self Assessments.
- Own and maintain the business-line’s detailed process and technical recovery plans.
- Partner with Business Continuity Management on business-line’s participation in BC/DR tests.
- Oversee and monitor the business-line’s third-party relationships, including both performance and risk management.
- Assist the business-line in the design and build of process maps in alignment with Early Warning’s Process Classification Framework. Design, maintain, and report metrics (KPIs and KRIs) demonstrating control effectiveness.
- Identify and self-report issues through the ERM Self-Identified Issue Process, individually and together with other LOD1 business-line members
- Ensure risk remediation plans exist and are sufficient; track remediation plans to completion and ensure remediation is on-time and sustainable; ensure action plans and remediation of issues by Risk Owner.
- Ensures the completion of actions plans and remediation of self-identified issues by each Issue Owner and Risk Owner.
- Support business-line Risk Acceptance Forms (RAF) process, when applicable.
- Support business-line leadership in managing and reporting its related risks; provide reports and explanations for use in Business Reviews, Audit or Management Committee meetings. Collaborate with Business Intelligence to design and implement risk reports for management.
- Deliver education and awareness of risk ownership essentials.
- Continually monitor and update assessments of the control environment, keeping abreast of significant control issues, trends and developments. Perform internal control effectiveness test plans and procedures.
- Support the company’s commitment to protect the integrity and confidentiality of systems and data.
- Education and/or experience typically obtained through completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or other related field of specialty.
- Minimum of three or more years of audit, operational risk or other risk management experience.
- Good understanding of risk management and internal control leading practices within specialized area of focus.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a complex, highly regulated environment.
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements within specific area of focus.
- Effective communication, organization and presentation skills.
- Effective influence management skills.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow instructions and perform other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
- Knowledge of COSO’s Internal Control – Integrated Framework, or similar
- Certification in risk management
- First line of defense risk management experience.
Working conditions consist of a normal office environment. Work is primarily sedentary and requires extensive use of a computer and involves sitting for periods of approximately four hours. Work may require occasional standing, walking, kneeling and reaching. Must be able to lift 10 pounds occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently. Requires visual acuity and dexterity to view, prepare, and manipulate documents and office equipment including personal computers. Requires the ability to communicate with internal and/or external customers.
Employee must be able to perform essential functions and physical requirements of position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Early Warning is an equal opportunity employer that takes affirmative action to employ, and advance in employment, qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans.