ERG is seeking an experienced receipt inspector
to join a growing team of manufacturing support staff to provide full-time immediate on-site manufacturing support
for a federal site in Indian Head, MD. Specific duties include:
- Interpret government and private metal/plastic part drawings, specifications, and sketches.
- Develop inspection procedures and plans to be utilized by other personnel.
- Provide quality assurance oversight including assuring products received conform to the finished product specifications.
- Provide detailed written information relating to the quality of the product, package, and process.
- Establish communications with functional managers (i.e., production, engineering, and quality assurance), early in the contracting cycle to ensure an understanding exists for acceptable quality of things such as purchased materials, vendor controls, shipment, and the process for measurement of analysis.
- Create open set ups to execute simple and/or complex measurements for procured components.
- Use modern precision measuring instruments including but not limited to Coordinated Measuring Machine (CMM), calipers, micrometers, comparators and various electronic height gauges.
- Data entry and data management (Candidate must be proficient with the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Access).
ERG (www.erg.com) is a well-respected consulting firm providing a wide range of support to federal, state, and commercial clients. The successful candidate will be joining a growing team
of engineering, facilities, planning, and explosive safety professionals that focus on quality work and fostering collaborative, long-term relationships. ERG has provided engineering, management, and planning services to this federal client for nearly 20 years.
This position will be full time at the federal site in Indian Head, MD
, and will include interaction and support from ERG personnel at the federal site, as well as from ERG’s Chantilly, VA and Arlington, VA offices. Indian Head is approximately 30 miles from Washington, DC, 25 miles from Alexandria, VA, and 60 miles from Fredericksburg, VA. Alternative work schedules may be considered. The salary for this position ranges from $60,000 to $75,000
, depending on years and type of experience. ERG also offers excellent benefits, including health and dental insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, educational benefits, flexible spending accounts, a generous 401(k) plan, profit sharing, an employee assistance program, paid vacation and holidays, sick leave, and more. ERG is willing to provide assistance with relocation expenses.
Candidates must have the following:
- At least 5 years of experience relevant to the support described above.
- Knowledge and everyday usage of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) and various plating products and techniques a must.
- Direct experience with drafting, PC-DMIS or other CMM programming language.
- The ability to maneuver (lift, move, carry, slide, etc.) 50 lbs., frequent standing and walking around warehouse floor, and handling safety equipment (pallet jack, etc.).
- Ability to prioritize, perform, and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
Ideal candidates will have experience with the following:
- Technical or associate degree in a related field.
- Knowledgeable with machining (e.g., CNC programming, machining experience).
Job ID: NRVJE0524190311
Eastern Research Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and complies with applicable EEO and affirmative action regulations. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability