Associate Analytical Chemist I
Eurofins is the world leader in food, bio/pharmaceutical product testing. It is also number one in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, discovery pharmacology, and central laboratory services. With over $2 billion in annual revenues and 25,000 employees across 250 sites in 39 countries, Eurofins is a leading international group of laboratories providing an unparalleled range of testing and support services to the pharmaceutical, bio pharmaceutical, food, environmental, and consumer products industries and governments.
**Eurofins is searching for an Associate Analytical Chemist I to work 7:30 AM - 4:15 PM shift Monday through Friday Brea, CA.**
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Learns to conduct routine analyses in compliance with applicable methods, protocols, SOPs, and regulatory agency guidelines
- Learns how to document work and maintain study documentation and laboratory records
- Learns how to use laboratory equipment and software appropriate for assigned tasks
- Attends and participates in projects meetings
- Learns to perform peer review of data
- Learns to plan assigned workload on a daily basis and effectively schedule multiple assignments
- Contributes to a cohesive team environment. Plans individual workload in coordination with team members
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment
- Performs other related duties as assigned
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field (laboratory experience may be substituted for a degree) OR Associate's Degree in Biotechnology from Madison College (Madison, WI)
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
- May work with potentially hazardous materials
- Will be exposed to potential food allergens (ex: milk, tree nuts, peanuts, fish, shellfish, etc)
- Overtime and weekend work as required
- Work requires some standing and sitting for long periods of time, including working within a laboratory hood and standing at a bench top
- Work requires use of PPE (personal protective equipment)
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.