Expedient is a provider of cloud and data center infrastructure as a service (IaaS) solutions. Our technical solutions enable Expedient clients to focus on their own business innovation, while our team handles the information technology needed to support it.
We are a CRN Top 100 Data Center and Solutions Provider, a Top Workplace winner for the past four consecutive years, ranked among the Top 10 Managed Service Providers and we are one of a select few vendors positioned in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Disaster Recovery as a Service. (Check out our employee reviews on Glassdoor.com.)
We are hiring an IT Support Technician in our Cleveland, OH data center. This full-time position will be responsible for monitoring the systems, networks and services as well as taking requests, fielding job tickets and responding to questions from Expedient customers.
- You’ll join a fast-growing company offering opportunities for professional development, a chance to get your hands on a multitude of different technologies and a stellar culture
- A long term, advancing career path in networking, infrastructure, disaster recovery and virtualization technology
- Access to Expedient’s innovative technical training
- The opportunity to work alongside an elite team of talented technical professionals (the best way to grow your career is to work with other smart people)
This is a great tier 1 job opportunity for someone looking to get hands-on experience in a data center/networking/virtualization environment and start a career in IT with growth potential and professional development opportunities. This position has a shift of 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday to Tuesday with alternating Wednesdays. The shift works 3 days on/4 days off; then 4 days on/3 days off in Cleveland.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Sponsorship is NOT provided.
There will be occasions where weekend coverage or shift back-up is needed. A key component to this position's responsibilities is to have flexibility in scheduling so that if there is a need for back-up coverage, this position would be one that could provide coverage.
- Process and prioritize incoming customer phone calls, emails and job ticket questions and/or requests for service-related assistance
- Utilize the trouble ticket system to log all requests and problems/resolutions including documentation of special requests and customizations considered important for future support
- Monitor the operational support systems to proactively identify service impacting events relating to IT, network and facility conditions
- Check in customers to provide them with physical access to their servers and equipment using a strict level of security protocol
- Communicate with customers and internal staff at regular intervals to ensure expectations are set and that appropriate attention is being paid to customer requests
- Escalate problems to the appropriate engineering disciplines within the organization or external vendors as required to achieve resolution
- Associate's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience and industry technical certifications (CCNA, CCENT, MCSE, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA A+, etc.)
- Demonstrated level of competency with internet technologies including:
- Principles of networking, Cisco, Juniper
- Windows operating system
- Familiarity with basic UNIX commands
- DNS and WEB services
- Experience in a technical support or helpdesk role requiring customer support
- Strong analytical and independent problem-solving skills
- Professional and strong verbal communication skills to present a professional "appearance" to our customers
- Ability to cover weekends or call-offs as needed
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts
- Sitting - stationary/seated position during the work day in order to check in visitors
- Walking - must be able escort visitors to their equipment; must be able to walk the entire perimeter of the physical plant/data center several times during the shift in order to conduct hands-on assessments and to ensure building safety compliance by checking doors, checking temperature in various areas of the server room/data center
- Lifting - frequently lifts lightweight items and occasionally lifts heavyweight materials such as equipment, parts, computer and server hardware
- Dexterity - must be able to lock/unlock security cages, operate security kiosk and print out visitor badges, operate loading dock equipment; must be able to climb and balance oneself on a ladder, must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl into tight places to access computer hardware, to conduct safety checks, to move equipment, install equipment, etc. as required
BENEFITS TO WORKING FOR EXPEDIENT We place an extremely high value on learning and staying agile in the technology arena. Therefore we make education and training available to all employees through a very robust training and tuition reimbursement program. Additional benefits include 3 weeks of paid time off, top-tier, extremely affordable medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) with a generous match and a paid day off to celebrate your birthday each year. Expedient is committed to providing its employees with an environment that promotes collaboration with both team and individual success. Expedient Operations Support Center employees enjoy a relaxed dress code and we stock our kitchens with free snacks and beverages for our all employees.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest.
If this isn’t the job for you, perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please share the following link so they can view/apply for this or any of our other current job opportunities: expedient.com/careers.
Expedient is an equal opportunity employer, providing a safe, drug-free work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.