The Upstream Technical Computing teams deliver industry-leading business capabilities and computational sciences through proprietary, commercial-grade software. We are looking for passionate, self-starting team members who will challenge the status quo and always be willing to learn and contribute in new ways. Develop and support for Geoscience workflows (e.g. interpretation and geophysical algorithms, proprietary plug-in development, and proprietary application development) in the Windows operating system. Candidate will work closely with customers and team members to execute all aspects of application development. Background in Petrel and other subsurface interpretation applications highly desirable.
- Requirements (must have):
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent IT/CS computer related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience developing, deploying, and supporting web-based applications including front-end, business logic and data layers
- Extensive experience with Microsoft tool set with emphasis on C# and WPF
- Experience building & testing .NET applications
- Proficiency in one or more of the following programming languages: Java, Python, C/C++
- Functional and automated testing experience with different frameworks
- Experience with design patterns for code designs and unit testing
- Experience with Agile development practices & software development
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities (e.g., delivering value; formal/informal leadership; mentorships)
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment with software developers and domain experts
- Requirements (strongly desired):
- Experience in Geoscience and/or Geoscience Support
- Experience with Geoscience applications (e.g., Petrel, Studio, RokDoc, TechLog)
- Experience of the REST architectural style and implementing REST APIs using ASP.NET Web API , Node.js, or Flask
- Experience building data models & data access layers against either SQL or NoSQL databases
- Degree in Geoscience or related field
- Petrel or equivalent workflow development experience
- Petrel workflow development experience
- Experience building, deploying, and supporting on Cloud platforms (e.g., Azure, AWS, or Google)
- Experience participating in the user centered design process
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.