The P&GA Advisor will participate in a range of activities to support ExxonMobil operations and manage its reputation in San Patricio County, Texas. The successful candidate will assist in the development of the Public Affairs strategy. The position plays a key role on an innovative, multi-disciplinary team, operating in a fast-moving environment. The position is based in Corpus Christi, Texas region.
Primary Job Functions:
- Provide strategic counsel to business-line leaders, including briefing and preparing executives for government or community meetings. Work regularly with external stakeholders to develop and implement public and government affairs strategy
- Develop and maintain relationships across a wide range of local community stakeholder groups (chambers of commerce, local government officials, education and workforce development entities, near neighbors, etc).
- Represent ExxonMobil during community events/functions.
- Coordinate employee volunteer initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree (in public relations, journalism, economics, English, political science or international relations) preferred.
- More than ten years’ relevant experience in areas such as public policy issues management, political campaigns, community relations, chamber of commerce or other related areas
- A demonstrated track record of internal/external communications
- Ability to develop strategies and programs designed to represent the company favorably and make positive contributions to the San Patricio County and greater Coastal Bend community.
- Experience in helping to develop and execute a successful charitable contributions budget and volunteer programs.
- Assists with the execution of the project’s community engagement plan.
- Ensures that project goals are met while adhering to approved budgets.
- Demonstrated experience in building and strengthening relationships with employees, retirees, communities, charitable non-profits, advocacy groups, trade associations and other stakeholders in the community.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a global team
Preferred Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Established relationships with Coastal Bend regional government officials and community leaders
- Ability to influence without authority
- Ability to understand, assimilate and communicate complex issues quickly
- Familiarity and interest in issues related to energy, economics, the environment, corporate citizenship and government relations
- Creative problem-solving skills to identify solutions that fit multiple stakeholders with diverse viewpoints
- Strong project-management skills, with an ability to multi-task and remain flexible when priorities change
- Experience with event planning, including organizing logistics, vendors and participants to ensure a flawless execution
- A positive, proactive team-oriented attitude, culturally sensitive and ideally familiar with the working environment of large, international organization
- Understanding and respect for international protocols and cultural differences
- Enthusiasm for public affairs challenges involved in working for one of the world's largest, most successful companies
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.