This position will provide operations support on as part of the MSO - Hawkins Gas Plant department.
- Must be able to learn to operate plant control functions from a HMI and make routine rounds, observations, and process readings in the plant.
- Learn to make the necessary routine operational changes to keep plant in a safe operating condition.
- Perform LOTO and Safe equipment as needed with the use of P&ID's , equipment manuals and procedures.
- Understand all safety and environmental policies pertinent to the Plant Operator position in a PSM regulated facility.
- Learn the basic lab techniques associated with a Gas Plant.
- Operate the compressor stations as needed.
- Must be willing to learn to operate High Risk Natural Gas Compressor Stations and associated dehydration equipment.
- Be able to transfer processed water for disposal and transfer condensate for sale uning the 6MAP process procedures.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required
- Prior oil/gas operations experience preferred.
- Mechanical skills associated with maintenance, repair and operation of natural gas processing and conditioning equipment and related components and instrumentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn and take direction from experienced facility personnel
- Must be able to work shifts
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds to a height of 42 inches
- Must be able to work in extreme outdoor temperatures
- Will be required to work Relief Plant Operator and Compressor Operations shift work
- Will be required to perform Plant Operator duties at other Gas Plants or compressor stations in the District upon request
XTO Energy/ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
EEO is the Law Poster
Policies against discrimination and harassment
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Nearest Major Market: Tyler
Job Segment: Instrumentation, Engineering