Role and Responsibilities:
Fairway Market wants to ensure that all of our customers are receiving the best shopping experience each time they walk into our store. The Customer Experience Representative is an integral part of the Fairway Market experience. The Customer Experience Representative will be located at our Production Distribution Center (PDC) in the Bronx. As a Customer Experience Representative your passion for assisting others and solving customer issues will help the smooth operations inside the store and create positive customer experiences. The following are role and responsibilities of the Customer Experience Representative position:
- Provide professional, courteous, efficient and timely service-oriented assistance to customers
- Work with customers to answer questions, resolve problems, assist with donations, and connect customers to the appropriate expert or manager, as needed
- Answer calls and emails in a timely manner.
- Work directly with store management to come to a resolution
- Accurately enter data and maintain records of all transactions performed and reports generated.
- Identify customer questions, complaints, concerns, and overall needs
- Provide sufficient answers and solutions to all customer queries
- Handle all customer complaints respectfully and professionally
- Able to communicate and interact with a variety of people, both externally with customers and internally with company teams members and other departments
- Identify, manage and deescalate any customer situation
- Proactively engage customers, promote product and sales, build customer relationships, and provide G.R.E.A.T. customer service that encourage customer loyalty and add value to the Fairway brand
- Maintain a strong time and attendance record to ensure the smooth flow of departmental operations
- Maintain a clean and organized work space.
- Adhere to all department-related and company-related work rules and policies while upholding Fairway’s core values of integrity, respect and excellence
- Perform miscellaneous roles assigned by management that would help the team on an as-needed basis
- Recognize and seek opportunities for continuous learning and supply feedback to management to help improve operations
Skills and Qualifications:
Candidates who apply for the Customer Experience Representative position MUST possess the following skills:
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a call center
- Availability to work weekends, holidays, and other prime times of the business
- Experience in using Microsoft Office programs and other applicable computer programs used in the day to day operations of the department.
- Exceptional customer service, active listening, and effective communication skills and ability to read. Write and comprehend English
- Problem-solving skills to effectively assist customers in a wide range of different transactions
- Organizational, multitasking and time management skills and ability to prioritize requests and department activities
- Strong teamwork and diversity awareness and ability to recognize and welcome differences among people and resolve conflicts respectfully and in a timely manner