If a career with an organization that rewards performance and provides a stable and supportive environment for its associates nationwide sounds good to you, Ferguson may just be the place for you. Our people are our biggest asset and share a common passion for customer service, which has helped shape us into the industry leader we are today. Ferguson is currently seeking the right individual to fill an immediate need for a Fabrication Technician.
As a Fabrication Technician, you will:
- Follow all established standard operating procedures for pipe fabrication.
- Follow proper procedures for set up and maintenance of machines in the Fab Shop.
- Accurately measure, record, and add random pipe length.
- Follow proper procedures for measuring and cutting pipe with band saw and/or torch.
- Follow proper procedures for rolling and grooving single and double random lengths.
- Follow proper procedures for threading and beveling of pipe with landis machines.
- Moving loose and /or bundled pipe from various locations within the pipe yard.
- Assemble pipe orders whether in single sticks or bundles and maintain work supplies in an organized manner.
- Observe necessary safety precautions for fabrications, cutting, assembling, stacking and shipping of pipe for storage and transportation.
- Operate powered industrial equipment in accordance with OSHA guidelines and Ferguson safe operating procedures.
- Ensure pedestrian safety by maintaining a safe rate of speed in all areas while operating equipment.
- Maintain clearance of equipment to avoid impacts and damage to product or property.
- Inspect and maintain all forklift equipment in functional condition.
- Work closely with supervisor and lead to resolve any task concerns that arise.
- Maintain inventory integrity and product safety at all times.
- Cross-train on alternate assignments and perform duties in other work areas as needed.
- In addition to the essential job functions described above, all associates will perform duties as requested by management.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Demonstrate superior math skills, ability to calculate quantities of product on hand.
- Requires proper training in the use of machines for cutting and threading pipe.
- Operate powered industrial equipment according to OSHA Safe Operating Guidelines, Forklift Safety Training, and FEI Safety Policies.
- Knowledge of safe work practices required in the pipe yard.
- Operation of machinery for the use of cutting and threading pipe according to OSHA regulations and FEI Safety Policies.
- Ability to remain results-focused in the fast-paced customer service environment.
As a large, successful company who prides itself on its stability, Ferguson can offer a competitive benefits package which includes the following: medical (two plans to choose from), dental, vision, disability, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick, personal, and floating holidays), recognition programs, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.