IT Project Managers are responsible for the overall direction, management, communication, coordination of status reports, and accountability of project oriented work efforts and success of their projects across the IT organization. This position focuses on technical projects related to the design, development, execution, implementation or maintenance of systems or software. IT Project Managers ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations. They create scope documents based on approved charters and project plans (work breakdown structures.) They track key milestones and adjust project plans, budget requests and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
- Manage projects or components of projects with few dependencies, limited scope, low risk and effort, few integration points and short duration within a single team of resources.
- Identify & resolve discrepancies in planned costs versus actuals incurred.
- Responsible for developing and reviewing/validating details project plans and tracking financial information.
- Communicate status of project to leadership, project team and to more senior PMs on a project.
- Understands the need for Business Case/ROI and ensures its completion.
- Participates in change initiatives and workgroups.
- Communicate project status to project team, stakeholders leadership and PMs associated with other projects.
- Advise leadership, Project Team/Project Managers on tactical solutions to dealing with barriers within a project.
- Accountable for project delivery including meeting time, budget and quality standards and customer expectations.
- Facilitates project meetings.
- Creates and maintains relationships with stakeholders and team members in order to achieve mutual goals.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- 2 or more years of Project Management work experience.
- Bachelors Degree or 5 years related work experience in Project Analysis and/or Project Management or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education.
- Understanding of Agile methodology.
- Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities.
- Understanding of and SDLC disciplines.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of labor, cost management and project tracking and management tools such as MS Project.
- Ability to lead and facilitate project team status meetings to obtain schedule, issues, risk and dependency updates.
- Ability to document meeting minutes, action items from project status meetings.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- PMP - Project Mgmt Professional.
- Experience using Agile methodology.
- Knowledge and experience as Scrum master or equivalent role.
- Knowledge and experience using Rally.