Department Secretary – Administration/ Business Support – Altamonte – Part Time
Florida Hospital Altamonte Springs seeks to hire a Department Secretary who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Located north of Orlando in the community of Altamonte Springs, our facility is consistently named “Best Hospital” for overall quality, reputation, doctors and nurses by local residents. As the largest satellite campus within the Florida Hospital system, Florida Hospital Altamonte has been providing state-of-the-art healthcare to the community since 1973. The 398-bed hospital cares for more than 168,000 patients a year. We are proud to be revolutionizing health care with visionary leadership and world-class resources.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday; various
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Supports department with various clerical and administrative functions.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Excellent customer service, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of general office and communication equipment
- Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Good problem-solving skills, ability to follow directions and take instruction
- Flexibility, and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- 20 wpm typing skills
- Business or secretarial education(preferred)
- Six months office, clerical, or customer service experience (preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program
- Performs a wide range of clerical and administrative functions including department reception (courteously screening/referring calls and greeting/directing visitors), filing, mail receipt and distribution, department reporting, copying functions, etc.
- Ensures that department equipment (including fax and copy machines) are operational and serviced as necessary. Maintains adequate department supplies/other inventory, ordering as appropriate. May generate purchase orders and/or work with FH Purchasing. Completes work orders as necessary.
- Maintains department files, records, etc. May be responsible for ensuring up-to-date reporting including employee time and attendance, IDTs, PAVs, expense reports, phone lists, etc. Maintains various department forms, basic to mid-level spreadsheets, documents, etc. May be responsible for department petty cash functions.
- Maintains department policies and procedures, updating and filing as required. May be responsible to recommend updates and assist with policy/procedure creation.
- Supports department with various secretarial functions including basic to mid-level correspondence. May be responsible for meeting agenda/minutes and distribution.
- Supports department with various projects including department improvement initiatives.
- Attends meetings as requested.
- May maintain various appointment calendars including those for department meeting rooms. Schedules meetings as requested. May arrange department catering needs, run errands, assist with event coordination, etc.
- Completes other work as requested.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Department Secretary opportunity with Florida Hospital Altamonte Springs and apply online today.