Medical Assistant - Uncertified - Heart Failure Clinic - Orlando
Orlando seeks to hire Medical Assistant - Uncertified who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,107-bed Florida Hospital Orlando, serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America. Florida Hospital Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country. We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year.
M-F, 8a - 5p
The Medical Assistant- Uncertified is responsible for assisting in promoting the highest quality of service with a spirit of willingness, cooperation and cordiality to both patients and staff. Responsible for moving patients through the outpatient clinic; completing patient vitals and discharge follow-up. Also responsible to perform routine duties in caring for identified age specific groups; approaches patient care using the outpatient process of planning, implementing and evaluating outcomes; and adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Medical Assistant Certificate of Completion
- Experience in an outpatient clinic or physician office setting
- Proficiency in computer use for data entry, e-mail, and word processing
- Ability to work independently and accurately using good judgment in all situations
- Strong communication; organizational skills; knowledge of medical terminology
- Current in CPR
- Current in Basic Life Support
- Experience working with transplant patients (for Transplant clinics) (preferred)
- Bilingual (preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program
- Prepares patient charts prior to the appointment including encounter forms, labs, x-rays, and procedure results
- Completes weight, height on all patients; checks medications and updates data base; takes patient photo and uploads into data base; confirms patient demographics
- Checks patients into exam room and checks out patients after physician visit
- Completes lab orders; confirms diagnosis codes; makes copies of scripts and sign-out sheet; confirms discharge instructions with physician
- Assists in filing; organization of patient charts
- Calls patients prior to his or her appointment to remind them of scheduled date and time; follows-up with patients who do not show up for his or her scheduled appointment and communicates to the RN and physician
- All other duties as assigned
- Patients served in the outpatient setting can range from adolescents to adults. Job responsibilities remain the same for different patient types
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the "> Medical Assistant - Uncertified opportunity with Orlando and apply online today.