Outpatient Services Coordinator – Patient Access – Winter Garden
AdventHealth Winter Garden seeks to hire an Outpatient Services Coordinator who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
AdventHealth Winter Garden is a state-of-the-art emergency facility featuring board-certified physicians trained in the care of both adults and children. The 97,415-square-foot, three-story facility opened in February 2016 across from Winter Garden Village at Fowler Groves. It is AdventHealth’s ninth campus in Central Florida. Outpatient imaging, lab, and surgical services, as well as primary care and specialty physician offices, are all available at one convenient location.
AdventHealth Patient Access/Guest Services – offers world class customer service and is the patient’s first impression at our mission-centric organization. As patient advocacy ambassadors, the Altamonte team strives for excellence in patient experience, patient safety, throughput, regulatory compliance and ensures financial stability across the system. Our team of highly engaged registration and concierge staff assist patients, providing them with knowledge on medical insurance benefits and options to take care of patient financial responsibility. We work hand in hand with multiple departments throughout the campus to give our patients a seamless experience. With a focus on fostering talent we provide a wide range of opportunities to learn new skills and grow professionally through individual development plans.
Monday – Thursday; 8:30a – 7p
Under general supervision, the Outpatient Services Coordinator registers patients for outpatient services using multiple systems. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring patient demographics and account information are appropriate for account type, adding patients to scheduling program for future visit(s) and/or same day testing and obtaining authorization if required by patient’s insurance provider. This position is responsible for interpreting insurance information and creating an estimate of charges and patient responsibility through estimation tools/programs provided by department. The Outpatient Services Coordinator is responsible for thorough financial assessments, authorizations/pre-certifications, and/or benefit memos on patient’s account to ensure expeditious account resolution and to protect the financial standing of Florida Hospital. This position will assist patients and medical offices with obtaining medical record requests. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Ability to use discretion when discussing personnel/patient related issues that are confidential in nature
- Ability to respond to ever-changing matrix of hospital needs and act accordingly
- Self-motivator and quick thinker
- Proficiency in performance of basic math functions
- Effectively and professionally communicates in both verbal and in written form
- Ability to prioritize and manage simultaneous assignments while paying close attention to detail
- Ability to learn computer software programs
- Basic understanding of medical and insurance terminology
- High School diploma or equivalent (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s Core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own it as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
- Prepares to begin work immediately by being at work station as schedule by department leadership in order to offer continuous patient service and be available for all clinical partner’s needs. Maintains schedule flexibility and exhibits effective time management skills by monitoring time and attendance to limit use of unauthorized overtime. Provides continual coverage of assigned workstation at all times in order to assist customers promptly, arranging schedule relief coverage during extended time away from workstation.
- Greets all customers (patients, guests, families, staff, physicians, vendors, etc.) in a compassionate and helpful manner while extending exemplary customer service and assistance as needed. Answers telephones within (3) rings using scripted greeting, and responds to inquiries within an appropriate time-frame. Reviews physician orders to verify patient’s name, date of birth, diagnosis, ordering physician’s name and ensure orders have been signed by ordering clinician. Maintains open line of communication with patients, leadership and clinicians when delays occur or issues arise.
- Schedules patient examinations over the phone, via fax requests, schedule work-list, and walk-in patients. Makes outgoing calls and/or utilizes online recourses to obtain office notes required for obtaining authorizations. Works as a liaison between insurance and physician offices to be an advocate for patient care. Obtain any necessary required historic, clinical, insurance and or patient information and update systems accordingly.
- Registers patients for respective services, ensuring patient demographics and account information are appropriate for patient account type as determined by patient’s visit and as directed by department leadership. Performs benefit and eligibility verification applicable to patient’s visit. Creates a notice of estimated total charges and patient financial responsibility. Responsible for thorough financial assessments, authorizations/pre-certifications, and/or benefit memos on patients accounts to ensure expeditious billing and to protect financial standing of Florida Hospital. Ensures integrity of patient accounts by working error reports daily and meets/exceeds accuracy standard goal determined by department leadership. Meets/exceeds upfront cash collection standard goal determined by department leadership.
- Reviews medical requests to ensure all elements are present and requestor is legally authorized to obtain medical records in accordance with HIPAA, federal and state laws related to release of information. Facilitates and processes the release of medical records (films, CDs/DVDs, reports) within appropriate time-frame provided by leadership. Reviews and validates requested patient information prior to scanning, uploading, mailing, and/or releasing information to requestor.
- Manages a multitude of clerical duties and assigned projects, while sustaining department’s key initiatives in support of daily operational flow(s).
- Attends department meetings and promotes positive dialogue within the team. Is proactive in looking for ways to improve department processes and engages in action planning to enhance patient experience. Participates in activities that promote camaraderie and a friendly work environment. Enthusiastically participates in departments initiatives.
- Complies with HIPAA regulations and Florida Hospital policies by verifying pertinent information to determine caller or visitor authorization level before releasing account information.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Outpatient Services Coordinator opportunity with AdventHealth Winter Garden and apply online today.