Patient Access Manager – Patient Access – Winter Park
Winter Park Memorial Hospital seeks to hire a Patient Access Manager who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Nestled among the oak-shaded, brick-paved streets of one of the most picturesque hometowns in the country, Winter Park Memorial Hospital has continuously served the residents of Winter Park and its surrounding communities for more than 50 years. Chartered in 1951, the hospital has grown from the visionary efforts of a handful of Winter Park residents and community leaders, to a 307-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness. Over the years the hospital has continually expanded to meet the needs of the community, adding an upscale obstetrics and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place, cancer care at the AdventHealth Cancer Institute, Winter Park, and state-of-the-art surgery, recovery and rehabilitation at the AdventHealth Orthopaedic Institute. Together with the community we serve, we're building a model of community health and wellness for generations to come.
AdventHealth Patient Access/Guest Services – offers world class customer service and is the patient’s first impression at our mission-centric organization. As patient advocacy ambassadors, the Altamonte team strives for excellence in patient experience, patient safety, throughput, regulatory compliance and ensures financial stability across the system. Our team of highly engaged registration and concierge staff assist patients, providing them with knowledge on medical insurance benefits and options to take care of patient financial responsibility. We work hand in hand with multiple departments throughout the campus to give our patients a seamless experience. With a focus on fostering talent we provide a wide range of opportunities to learn new skills and grow professionally through individual development plans.
Flexible Days and Various Hours
The Manager, under general direction, plans, develops, organizes, directs and manages all inpatient, outpatient, rehabilitation, and emergent areas of the Patient Access Department, as assigned. Executes comprehensive oversight of supervisory duties in absence of Senior Leadership. Creates synergies, maintains bidirectional communication, and acts as a liaison between Patient Access and clinical and administrative partners within the hospital setting and beyond. Ensures open communication and collaboration toward common goals. Focuses on process improvement strategies with special emphasis on up-front cash collection outcomes to protect financial standing of AdventHealth, in addition to, patient experience outcomes. Interviews applicants and processes new hire paperwork at assigned campus. Creates and sustains a positive, productive, and collaborative work environment measured through employee engagement scores. Actively participates in exemplary customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Adheres to AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Self-motivator, quick thinker
- Ability to communicate professionally while maintaining confidence, confidentiality, integrity and objectivity
- Detail-oriented with good organizational, computer, analytical, and follow-up skills
- Understanding of HIPAA privacy rules and adroit ability to use discretion when discussing employee/patient related information that is confidential in nature as needed to perform duties
- Ability to be responsive to ever-changing matrix and to act accordingly
- Ability to operate general office machines such as computers, facsimiles, copiers, scanners
- Ability to effectively learn and perform multiple tasks, and organize work in a systematic and efficient fashion
- Proficient in time management with superior prioritization skills
- Strong competence in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Skilled to mentor and coach team members for optimal success
- Bachelor degree and/or higher-level education, or completed coursework, in Health Services
Administration or other related medical or business field
- Five (5) years in Patient Access/Patient Financial Services department or related area (registration, finance, collections, customer service, medical office, contract management)
- Two (2) years supervisory experience
- Previous leadership experience within healthcare and/or related field (preferred)
- Actively engaged leadership development coursework (preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- National Association of Healthcare Access Management Certified Healthcare Access Manager (preferred)
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealths’s core Values of Integrity, Compassion,Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork” should become “Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own it
- Plans, develops, organizes, directs and manages all inpatient, outpatient, emergency rehabilitation and preregistration areas, as assigned. Responsible for all Patient Access outcomes in assigned areas. Identifies problems proactively for expedited resolution. Creates synergies, maintains bidirectional communication, and acts as a liaison between Patient Access and clinical, financial and administrative partners within the hospital setting and beyond. Ensures open communication and collaboration toward common goals.
- Ensures all patient accounts are created, verified, authorized and/or preregistered in a timely manner with appropriate follow up for account completion and up-front collection in all registration areas. Ensures compliance with patient discharge process. Enables department to achieve or exceed current standards of total time patient is in department by assisting with registration, as needed. Consistently ensures team members understand the importance of clear and thorough financial and insurance assessments, as well as, accurate demographic information in order to maintain a close working relationship with clinical and financial partners and provide patients with excellent service.
- Focuses on process improvement strategies with special attention to up-front cash collections outcomes to protect financial standing of AdventHealth. Reviews all collection reports available, communicates outcomes to team and leadership in a timely manner, and provides accurate statistical records and reports. Holds self and staff accountable for individual and team goals set by Revenue Cycle Financial Operation (RCFO) Department. Provides encouragement, education, and training to motivate team members in collections. May perform cashiering functions and other duties as required in support of the pre-established legal and financial guidelines of AdventHealth.
- Assesses the work performance and productivity of all assigned team members. Presents timely written and verbal directions to employees to ensure they are well-informed regarding performance requirements for their role, as indicated. Evaluates and performs progressive discipline to employees according to guidelines established by department Administrative Director, Director, and Human Resources department of AdventHealth, as required. Makes self-available to provide team members with tools and training needed to assist in meeting accuracy standards goals, minimize department registration errors, rejections, and avoidable denials.
- Interviews applicants for open positions within respective areas of responsibility using action based interviewing program. Processes required paperwork for all new hires while following departmental guidelines and uses correct formula to quote hire in salaries, if necessary. Ensures 90 day, on the job training program is successful at campus level. Provides succession planning and encouragement to team members in order to promote positive career growth within Revenue Cycle Financial Operation (RCFO) and AdventHealth.
- Accountable for patient satisfaction and employee engagement scores, meeting goals set by AdventHealth and Revenue Cycle Financial Operation (RCFO) department. Promotes an atmosphere of open communication for staff, clinical partners, and customers (patients, guests, families, staff, physicians, vendors, payors, etc.) at all times, interacting in a professional manner in up-front collection procedures, service recovery initiatives, general patient or department concerns.
- Meets monthly department financials by managing staffing levels that are within the set labor standards adjusting staff base on patient volume, and limiting use of overtime. Provides continual coverage in order to offer prompt patient service and be available for all clinical partners’ registration needs. Regularly reviews monthly budget and volume reports. Limits use of overtime by monitoring productivity. Ensures employee performance and attendance documentation is current and accurate.
- Adheres to HIPAA regulations by verifying pertinent information to determine caller or visitor authorization level before releasing account information.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Patient Access Manager opportunity with Winter Park Memorial Hospital and apply online today.
Patient Access, Manager, Registration, Winter Park