Patient Access Specialist – Registration – Celebration
AdventHealth Celebration Health seeks to hire a Patient Access Specialist who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Established in 1997 and now a 203-bed hospital, AdventHealth Celebration Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney’s planned community of Celebration, Florida. The hospital consistently delivers a state-of-the-art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a "living laboratory" of groundbreaking, research-driven clinical solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease.
AdventHealth Celebration Health Patient Access offers world class customer service and is often the patient’s first impression at our mission-centric organization. As patient advocacy ambassadors, the team contributes positively to patient experience, patient safety, throughput, regulatory compliance and securing financial stability across the system. Our team of highly engaged registration and concierge staff assists patients, providing them with knowledge on medical insurance benefits and options to take care of patient financial responsibility.
Monday through Thursday; 10a – 8p
The Patient Access Specialist, under supervision, registers patients for service types. Meets or exceeds collection standard by timely verification of insurance benefits, when applicable, and determines financial responsibility to the hospital. Creates good faith estimate of patients’ financial responsibility, and documents all attempts accordingly. Meets or exceeds accuracy standard goals. Maintains a close working relationship with clinical partners to ensure continual open communication between clinical, ancillary and patient access departments. Actively participates in extending exemplary service to both internal and external customers, and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Adheres to AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Understanding of HIPAA privacy rules and adroit ability to use discretion when discussing patient related information that is confidential in nature as needed to perform duties
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programs and familiarity with database programs
- Ability to operate general office machines such as computers, facsimiles, copiers, and scanners
- Ability to effectively learn and perform multiple task, and organize work in a systematic and efficient fashion
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in English, both verbally and in written form
- Ability to be responsive to ever-changing matrix of hospital needs and act accordingly
- Ability to follow complex instructions and procedures, with a close attention to detail
- Knowledge of computer programs, such as Cerner (Preferred)
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology (Preferred)
- Exposure to insurance benefits; ability to decipher insurance benefit information
- Bilingual – English/Spanish (Preferred)
- One (1) or more years of customer services experience
- Associate’s degree and/or higher level education, or completed coursework, in Health Services Administration or other related medical or business field (Preferred)
- Prior collections experience (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- National Association of Healthcare Access Management Certified Healthcare Access Associate (Preferred)
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s Core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own it as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program
- Registers patients for services and achieves accuracy. Works patient accounts in regards to insurance identification and selection, along with required protocols associated with insurance selection. Ensures timely discharge is facilitated and reimbursement is maximized. Properly identifies patients, ensures armband accuracy, inputs demographics information, and secures the required forms to ensure compliance with regulatory policies.
- Creates accurate good faith estimates in an effort to maximize up-front cash collections, in addition to, adding collection documentation where required. Meets or exceeds upfront collection standard goal, assigned to location of responsibility, to protect financial standing of AdventHealth. Proactively seeks assistance to improve collections. Reviews all collection reports timely, as assigned by leadership. Ensures all financial assessments, eligibility, and benefits memos are clear, updated and thorough to support post care financial needs.
- Ensures all financial assessments, eligibility, and benefits memos are clear, updated and thorough to support post care financial needs. Uses utmost caution that authorizations and pre-certifications are correct and as accurate as possible to avoid rejections and/or denials. Maintains a current and thorough knowledge of utilizing online eligibility and pre-certification tools made available.
- Achieves productivity standard by monitoring patient tracking board to proactively identify patients that require registration to be completed. Ensures patient demographics and account information is appropriate for account type as directed. Uses utmost caution in patient and employee safety by following established guidelines, such as, hand washing and following contact precautions.
- Accountable for maintaining a working relationship with clinical partners to ensure open communication between clinical, ancillary and patient access departments, and enhances patient experiences.
- Provides timely and continual coverage of assigned work area in order to offer prompt patient service and availability for all clinical partners’ registration needs. Arranges relief coverage during extended time away from registration area. Meets attendance requirements, and maintains schedule flexibility, as required. Exhibits effective time management skills by monitoring time and attendance to limit use of unauthorized overtime.
- When working Guest Services: performs other specialty services and duties as requested to ensure the smooth operation of the Guest Services/Information department. Maintains up-to- date and thorough knowledge of assigned AdventHealth campuses and phone numbers in order to provide guests and patients the most accurate information and directions possible. Promotes a safe work environment by following through with ID badging system of guests, as required. Adheres to HIPAA guidelines when dealing with patient information.
- Attends department meetings and promotes positive dialogue within the team. Proactively looks for ways to improve department processes and engages in action planning to enhance both patient experience and employee engagement. Participates in activities that promote camaraderie and a friendly work environment. Enthusiastically participates in departments initiatives.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Patient Access Specialist opportunity with AdventHealth Celebration and apply online today.
Patient Access, Registration, Celebration