Practice Manager – Multiple GME Sites - Maitland
AdventHealth Orlando seeks to hire Practice Manager who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,107-bed AdventHealth Orlando, serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America. AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country. We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year.
Within AdventHealth’s department of Graduate Medical Education Operations Administration, we provide a wide range of support for over 40 faculty and over 100 resident physicians. The practices we support include primary care, pediatrics, geriatrics, OB/GYN, internal medicine and general surgery. Our physicians provide more than 130,000 office and hospital visits per year on our Orlando, East Orlando, Winter Park and Winter Garden campuses.
Monday-Friday, 8am – 5pm
- Position requires working at multiple GME Clinics
Under the general direction of the Director of Business Operations for Medical Education, this position is responsible for the overall success of a large group practice. Provides leadership, direction, administration and coordination of all practice activities and works with the Medical Director and Clinical Nurse Manager on those activities that directly involve professional medical judgment. Responsible for fiscal management of the practice. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Ability to manage staff and operations to ensure delivery of optimal patient care
- Ability to organize, communicate and implement departmental goals and program objectives within the perspective of AdventHealth’s mission and values
- Multi-tasking ability (Preferred)
- Problem-solving (Preferred)
- Organizational skills (Preferred)
- Customer service and communication skills(Preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in health or business administration, or equivalent combination of related experience and education
- 5 years of healthcare management experience in a group practice environment
- Master’s degree in business or healthcare administration
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Licensed RN (Preferred)
- Certified Medical Office Manager (Preferred)
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s Core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy an Own it
- Administers practice and organizational policies and procedures as directed in a consistent and timely manner. Coordinates/Evaluates daily operations of the assigned practice including clerical, nursing, specific functions and activities including information systems, accounting, human resources, payroll, material management engineering and other support services. Maintains practice during periods of staff absence, including the use/scheduling of the clerical/clinical floats that may be available. Screens, interviews and hires qualified applicants for open positions.
- Maintains/oversees functions for assigned practice as outlined in the Practice Manager Check List.
- Facilitates the professional development of staff. Accepts responsibility for maintaining and updating knowledge of all new and existing policies and procedures and educates staff. Determines training and development programs for support staff and arranges opportunities for education. In addition, implements and assists in the training program for all new employees utilizing the orientation check list and developing an orientation plan for each position.
- Recommends facility improvements and routinely evaluates office space utilization. Maintains a clean and professional appearing physical plant in accordance with the professionalism/environmental policy. Maintains and updates patient and practice information brochures and works with marketing representative, as appropriate.
- Assures compliance with local, state, federal rules and regulations and accrediting bodies, including OSHA, CLIA, ADA, and other regulatory entities. In addition, participates actively in safety, infection control and quality assurance efforts.
- Manages practice to budget.
- Takes active role in increasing patient volume by routinely reviewing access points into the practice to ensure efficiency and professionalism of appointment staff, front desk, triage, referral, physicians, schedules etc. Continuously strives to improve patient satisfaction and the patient experience by achieving a score of 4.69 on the quarterly patient satisfaction questionnaire.
- Responsible for the implementation of Medical Education responsibilities to respond as a First Aid Station to any declared disaster by the hospital.
- Meets monthly with the staff to inform them of needs, developments and receive information from them regarding the operation of their areas or department and maintains meeting minutes. Meets with Director as requested. Meets monthly with physicians/Medical Director to discuss administrative issues and carry out educational objectives of Medical Education.
- Works under pressure and stress, managing time effectively; Works well within the organizational framework to achieve hospital/departmental goals and objectives including, but not limited to the facility Business Plan.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Practice Manager opportunity with Orlando and apply online today.